I received a notice to update to the newest version of BlackBerry Protect, and when I went to update I got the following message (see attached picture).

I have not yet updated because of this message. Is it safe to update or is there something I can do so I do not get this error message? Thanks in advance!
    05-06-12 06:56 PM
    Bump, help anyone?
    05-07-12 12:12 PM
    I don't have an answer but I'm getting the same error message
    I 'm not going to upgrade until I'm sure it will still function correctly.
    05-07-12 01:12 PM
    I updated and did not see that message. You'll be fine, go ahead and update it. I removed Plans Application... that's why I don't see it.

If you want, remove plans application if you're worried. Then update BB Protect.
    05-07-12 05:23 PM
    I'm just thinking why do I have to remove something to update it? Don't wanna mess with anything, I might wait for another update to it and see if it goes through fine with a newer version.
    05-07-12 09:58 PM
    I got the same message when I tried to update. I'm with you nIckthequick think I'll wait
    05-08-12 08:58 AM
    I ignored the warning, installed the Blackberry Protect update, and now my phone won't detect my memory card. Any suggestions?
    05-08-12 08:33 PM
    I ignored the warning, installed the Blackberry Protect update, and now my phone won't detect my memory card. Any suggestions?

Should've uninstalled plans application. Do a battery pull. Boot the phone without card, then reboot with the card.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    05-09-12 08:36 AM
    Unfortunately, it's nothing that simple. I've given up until I can try my other phone and figure out if the card got corrupted somehow- seems really strange that a simple software update could manage that. Even a full wipe didn't fix the problem.
    05-09-12 06:41 PM
    I also upgraded after receiving the message and it wiped my memory card, called blackberry they insisted it wasn't the upgrade, they couldn't help and worse still had never heard of the problem! They were unable to provide any help... Not pleased :-(
    09-01-12 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD