For some reason blackberry protect wont work even when I set it up is it not supported for os 7 or the bold 9900 yet? And is there any apps that is good to download for the bold 9900 and works with os7? Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!
    08-30-11 06:40 PM
    Why would it not work? It comes pre-installed on the 9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 06:46 PM
    Are you on BES? If so, BlackBerry Protect doesn't work on BES.
    08-30-11 08:03 PM
    whats BES?
    08-30-11 08:04 PM
    BES = Blackberry Enterprise Service

As compared to BIS (Blackberry Internet Service)

Difference is corporate security and protocols. Personal email accounts are normally registered through BIS.

*EDIT* BB Protect is working fine for me on a 9930.

Last edited by Craterz; 08-30-11 at 08:14 PM.
    08-30-11 08:12 PM
    BES = Blackberry Enterprise Service

As compared to BIS (Blackberry Internet Service)

Difference is corporate security and protocols. Personal email accounts are normally registered through BIS.

*EDIT* BB Protect is working fine for me on a 9930.

iunno I have an internet plan with unlimted bbm and social networking
    08-30-11 08:16 PM
    iunno I have an internet plan with unlimted bbm and social networking
    Some service providers do not support BB protect. It works fine on my Telus Bold 9900. You should not have any BES restrictions. Type BES on your main screen (assuming your universal search is on) then lick on the options and see if the BES is active or not. If it is active call the service provider and ask them what's going on. You should NOT have BES on a personal phone.

All the best!
    08-30-11 08:22 PM
    Some service providers do not support BB protect. It works fine on my Telus Bold 9900. You should not have any BES restrictions. Type BES on your main screen (assuming your universal search is on) then lick on the options and see if the BES is active or not. If it is active call the service provider and ask them what's going on. You should NOT have BES on a personal phone.

All the best!
    when I type in BES no options show up ! only files music and social feeds and youtube bb app world maps fb google twitter
    what should I do now?
    08-30-11 08:26 PM
    I assume you have a BB ID. BB Protect requires one, well so does BIS on a 99xx for that matter. Or so it seems, I could not setup my BIS email accounts until I signed in with my BB ID.

08-30-11 08:28 PM
    Also if you have a BB ID, do the following:
    **Turn off your phone.
    1. log in to the BB protect using online access at: BlackBerry Protect Login

2. log out from there

3. log back in to BB protect now using the Phone NOT the computer

4. See if it fixed your problem and if not delete the BB protect app from the phone and re-download it and see if it works.
    08-30-11 08:29 PM
    when I type in BES no options show up ! only files music and social feeds and youtube bb app world maps fb google twitter
    what should I do now?
    I am too lazy to go to my room and pick up my phone and check where BES settings on my phone... sorry so, try this.... go in to options and I think under SIM option it will show that BES is active or not? I don't remember where you can find this info... may be someone other than me knows where we find that info?

Also, call Virgin Mobile (if they provide the service for you) then ask if they support BlackBerry Protect. Not all service providers will support BB Protect.
    08-30-11 08:31 PM
    Also if you have a BB ID, do the following:
    **Turn off your phone.
    1. log in to the BB protect using online access at: BlackBerry Protect Login

2. log out from there

3. log back in to BB protect now using the Phone NOT the computer

4. See if it fixed your problem and if not delete the BB protect app from the phone and re-download it and see if it works.
    wont let me download it on app world I cant even find it on app world for some reason and I tried to scan the code on the website it says its nor supported for this device
    08-30-11 08:34 PM
    Can't say for a 9900 really. But shouldn't have to download it, as far as I know it is already installed. Then again, I could be wrong for a 9900. BB Protect is preinstalled on a 9930 for Verizon anyway. Maybe just not supported for every carrier, although I find that a little difficult to believe.

08-30-11 08:42 PM
    Can't say for a 9900 really. But shouldn't have to download it, as far as I know it is already installed. Then again, I could be wrong for a 9900. BB Protect is preinstalled on a 9930 for Verizon anyway. Maybe just not supported for every carrier, although I find that a little difficult to believe.

I saw on app world it says avaliable for all carriers and its preloaded on but doesnt work just says initializing on the status and i ahve my wifi on too
    08-30-11 08:43 PM
    Have you setup a personal email on it yet. This would also seem to require setting up a BB ID.
    08-30-11 08:57 PM
    Have you setup a personal email on it yet. This would also seem to require setting up a BB ID.
    nope my plan doesnt let me use emails only bbm and social networking (fb,twitter,msn,etc)
    08-30-11 08:58 PM
    nope my plan doesnt let me use emails only bbm and social networking (fb,twitter,msn,etc)
    Ah. i am not familiar with Virgin mobile plans. Not sure how they can separate BIS from BBM and social networking. Don't think its possible to be honest.

Have ya tried completing the setup on it? Under 'All' there is a 'Setup' icon. Click on it. Ah crap, here's where my memory gets muddy... i had to setup a BB ID with BBM (i think) before i could setup personal emails. i don't remember exactly. After that BB Protect worked fine.
    08-30-11 09:27 PM
    Ah, another thought... Did ya use the Device Switch thing with the Desktop Manager? That can also cause problems.

08-30-11 09:38 PM
    I havent transfered any data over I just started using it with a fresh wiped os than installed .353 last night
    08-30-11 09:42 PM
    wont let me download it on app world I cant even find it on app world for some reason and I tried to scan the code on the website it says its nor supported for this device
    For some reason at least on the 9930, BB Protect did not show up in appworld for me.

Just look under your Applications folder. It is already installed there for you. Should be.
    08-30-11 09:44 PM
    For some reason at least on the 9930, BB Protect did not show up in appworld for me.

Just look under your Applications folder. It is already installed there for you. Should be.
    I have it just wont let me use it
    08-30-11 10:06 PM
    It's simply not supported by your carrier yet. Simple as that, no need to go through any hassle, it either works out of the box or not. It's in the service books.

Mine doesn't work on OS 7 from my carrier but works for OS 6. It will take sometime
    08-31-11 02:46 AM
    why wont a carrier support BB protect?
    some of these carriers can be unbeliveable !!!
    08-31-11 03:27 AM
    why wont a carrier support BB protect?
    some of these carriers can be unbeliveable !!!
    It's not that they don't want to support it.

They just haven't updated the service books yet.

When I had a 9780, BB Protect wouldn't work the first 2 weeks, then it started working when my carrier updated the service books to include BB Protect. Its just a matter of time
    08-31-11 03:32 AM
    lzeng should call his/her carrier and complain.

for some carriers, the more the complain; the more the chances of them working on it.
    08-31-11 07:14 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD