10-20-12 04:01 AM
449 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I added myself as well.
    Great app, we'll see if it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 09:57 AM
    Interested. . . is this a BB app - or just for workstations(PC's)?
    10-13-08 04:12 PM
    Hey All,

OK, I'm pretty darn excited about this. For those of you who are long-time visitors of CrackBerry.com, you'll remember we used to have a "tab" at the top of the site beside Blogs/Forums/Store called Connect. It was always our intent since Day 1 to build some sort of BlackBerry PIN Sharing/PIN Meet-Up section to the site. We held off developing it though as we weren't convinced it made sense to add this sort of social-networking functionality directly into the CrackBerry.com site (navigating the forums, galleries, store and blogs is mission enough!).

It eventually donned on us what would make way more sense is to build this functionality into the social-networking site that everybody already uses and is familiar with...a.k.a FaceBook! And it just so happens a Facebook developer had the same idea as us and already had a huge head start in developing it. It was the Facebook App of this CrackBerry Addict's dreams, so we did what we had to do and are now proud to introduce

The BlackBerry PIN Exchange Facebook App - Beta

The BlackBerry PIN Exchange Facebook App is located at Sign Up for Facebook | Facebook or you can just head into the Facebook Applications directory and search for "BlackBerry".

Setup - Is easy. Simply Install the App, Enter your BlackBerry PIN, Device Model & Why You Love Your BlackBerry and you're good to go. A BlackBerry Pin Exchange box will be added to your profile (you can keep it in the main area or drag it to the left column). You change your privacy settings to make your BlackBerry PIN as public or private as you want (show it your profile, only show it to your BlackBerry using friends, or make it public on our Global Exchange to meet new people!).

The app makes it easy to keep track of the PIN's of your BlackBerry using colleagues (they just need to keep their PIN current and you'll be able to easily find it!). The Global Exchange makes it easy to search out other BlackBerry users, and the PIN Meet area is the spot for BlackBerry users who want to actively make new BlackBerry-using friends.

Still in Beta - The App is pretty much good to go (I'd say 87.6% ready), but we still want to get things perfected. There's some code to optimize and we want to build in some more advanced functions... like making it easier to search/filter by country/state/city on the Global Exchange.

So before we start really spreading the word about this new Facebook Plugin/App for BlackBerry Users, we need your help to make sure we have it perfect. Add the App to your profile, use it, try it out, let us know what you think, let us know what we can do to make it better. We have a To Do list already growing, but am sure you all with think of things we haven't even considered yet. Feel free to use this thread for your ideas and feedback!

I hope you all find this useful and enjoy it - I think it's pretty slick! AND..if you're not a facebook user yet...well, maybe this is the reason you've been looking for to become one.
    Kevin, I'm having trouble logging in on my BB to Facebook. It says my email/password does not match, yet it correctly works on my PC w the email/password that I use. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
    10-14-08 10:14 AM
    I have a bb curve with att and have trouble with facebook on the "full site" Wondering if anyone else has this problem? I tried to do the pin exchange but when I click a buttom to add the application it takes me back up to the top of the page. I redownloaded a latest version of Yahoo Go to my phone and the Facebook Go, and to get a pin for infinite access it takes me to the facebook full site page and when I try to get my pin by clicking a buttom it takes me again to the top of the page.
    Can anyone answer this? I don't have internet at home, and I can't get to fb at work , but if I have to do it on a desktop I can go to my parents. but I would prefer my phone.
    10-15-08 08:48 AM
    I have a bb curve with att and have trouble with facebook on the "full site" Wondering if anyone else has this problem? I tried to do the pin exchange but when I click a buttom to add the application it takes me back up to the top of the page. I redownloaded a latest version of Yahoo Go to my phone and the Facebook Go, and to get a pin for infinite access it takes me to the facebook full site page and when I try to get my pin by clicking a buttom it takes me again to the top of the page.
    Can anyone answer this? I don't have internet at home, and I can't get to fb at work , but if I have to do it on a desktop I can go to my parents. but I would prefer my phone.
    i havent had this problem however have you tried using opera mini for instance? that may solve your problem! not 100% sure but is definitely worth a shot! just go to operamini.com on your BB browser and then follow the instructions if you dont have it already
    10-17-08 02:30 PM
    I think its pretty stupid that you cant search for people by location.
    10-17-08 04:06 PM
    any updates for this?

Great idea, poor execution.

So you want to find new people? Cool lets go to the Exchange tab and check out the Google map. Oh, nothing but a blank Google map. I figured there would be people in Indianapolis with a Blackberry. Odd.

No worry lets try the List View, should be easier right? Okay, maybe not. I can sort by whether or not somebody has their location listed. Not very useful. Where is my search field?

Lets try out the Meet tab. Gotta be able to find people here right? Its the Meet tab better? Um, no. More of the same as the List view in the Exchange tab except you can pick between the Dating, Relationship, Friendship and Browsing.

So the only people you can actually find are you friends, which you probably already have the pin number too if you know they have a Blackberry.

So essentially its like a snow globe. You can tab around, but in the end your no better off than you were before you shook it, but it looks pretty and it makes you smile.

Unless you are looking for completely random people and pick people from a pretty picture then sure, its great. But until they can build some actual tools into it, then there really isn't much point to be honest.

So I'd like to know:
    Do you plan on adding any functionality to the app? If so, what kind of time frame are we looking at?

What things are being worked on? What is considered high priority?

What things are you looking to add to the app in the future?

Now it might seem like I'm bashing the app, and I am a little, but for Kevin to say, "The Global Exchange makes it easy to search out other BlackBerry users, and the PIN Meet area is the spot for BlackBerry users who want to actively make new BlackBerry-using friends." in the original post is way way way over the top. Its not easy to search out other BlackBerry users and the Meet area isn't great as a way to actively make new Blackberry-using friends. Unless by actively you mean thumbing through pages of people.

I love the idea. It's a great, awesome, fantastic, superb idea. But it needs to do something to be useful and I so want this to be useful. So keep working and keep us updated. I'll keep the app around waiting for more functionality because it know its possible. I am eagerly awaiting the updates.
    10-19-08 07:17 AM
    Yeah same here man, I want to search for people from India.
    10-19-08 07:55 AM
    I'll sign up now.
    10-21-08 07:52 AM
    I haven't met anyone off of it yet, but I love seeing all the people with BBs... now they need to just PIN me

Also, PUT THE 8220 ON THERE!! haha but seriously, I wanna pick the blackberry that I'm using, show off my new baby
    10-21-08 07:55 AM
    Is there something up with PIN exchange, I had it on my Facebook & now the box is empty....when I try to go in & fill in my details again it jut keeps throwing me back to the first screen
    10-22-08 01:01 PM
    happens to me too
    10-22-08 10:17 PM
    the other night the site was down...hope theyre updating it and doing it right this time....
    10-23-08 07:56 AM
    Yeah,

Same thing here. I met a couple cool people through PINs last week. Thought it was a slick app, now it just keeps throwing me back to the beginning.

Started off with so much promise and has let me down. Just like OS 4.5.0.81.
    10-23-08 04:03 PM
    Yea so I signed up the other day and now its not on my profile anymore. So I tried to do it again and after I filled out my info it just went back to the start page. So yea something is up with the app and it sucks b/c I wanna use it.
    10-23-08 09:39 PM
    Yea so I signed up the other day and now its not on my profile anymore. So I tried to do it again and after I filled out my info it just went back to the start page. So yea something is up with the app and it sucks b/c I wanna use it.
    yeah i had it too and its doing the same thing to me... anyone know whats up?
    10-25-08 11:28 PM
    Same thing is also happening to me, anyone know a fix or if it has been made aware of to the developers?
    10-26-08 03:18 AM
    /signed

Not sure what's up with it but it's definitely broken.
    10-26-08 10:22 AM
    Same thing here... its been going on for over a week at least with my account... its very frustrating because i needed someones pin and i knew they were on their and now i cant get it until they fix this glitch... normally im very patient but im starting to get a little eager since ive emailed and messaged several of the developers including Kevin and no one has gotten back to me with at least a "were working on it" reply... i know Kevin's been busy with the developer conference and all but im sure their are other ppl involved in the pin exchange...
    10-27-08 09:32 AM
    Same things happens..
    has it broken??
    10-28-08 11:58 AM
    same for me
    10-28-08 06:28 PM
    just noticed that today. def. somthing broken with the app
    10-29-08 08:24 AM
    Someone Fix Please!!! I miss having this app!
    10-30-08 04:25 AM
    they wont be fixin this the prob has been goin on for awhile so even the facebook v2.0 for the bb's is goin to take for ever and its kind of a **** off cuz the iphone got it for the bb's
    10-30-08 02:09 PM
    when I enter all the info and hit submit, the page reloads and nothing happens. it takes me back to the home page of bb pin exchange and although the app is added to my account, there's no box and no page where I can see my info, etc. ello?
    10-31-08 03:03 AM
449 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD