Been there, done that! Thanks!!! I don't see any of my Facebook friends there yet, but evangelism of the berry is sometimes a slow thing!
    09-07-08 04:43 PM
    Great idea, poor execution.

So you want to find new people? Cool lets go to the Exchange tab and check out the Google map. Oh, nothing but a blank Google map. I figured there would be people in Indianapolis with a Blackberry. Odd.

No worry lets try the List View, should be easier right? Okay, maybe not. I can sort by whether or not somebody has their location listed. Not very useful. Where is my search field?

Lets try out the Meet tab. Gotta be able to find people here right? Its the Meet tab better? Um, no. More of the same as the List view in the Exchange tab except you can pick between the Dating, Relationship, Friendship and Browsing.

So the only people you can actually find are you friends, which you probably already have the pin number too if you know they have a Blackberry.

So essentially its like a snow globe. You can tab around, but in the end your no better off than you were before you shook it, but it looks pretty and it makes you smile.

Unless you are looking for completely random people and pick people from a pretty picture then sure, its great. But until they can build some actual tools into it, then there really isn't much point to be honest.

So I'd like to know:
    Do you plan on adding any functionality to the app? If so, what kind of time frame are we looking at?

What things are being worked on? What is considered high priority?

What things are you looking to add to the app in the future?

Now it might seem like I'm bashing the app, and I am a little, but for Kevin to say, "The Global Exchange makes it easy to search out other BlackBerry users, and the PIN Meet area is the spot for BlackBerry users who want to actively make new BlackBerry-using friends." in the original post is way way way over the top. Its not easy to search out other BlackBerry users and the Meet area isn't great as a way to actively make new Blackberry-using friends. Unless by actively you mean thumbing through pages of people.

I love the idea. It's a great, awesome, fantastic, superb idea. But it needs to do something to be useful and I so want this to be useful. So keep working and keep us updated. I'll keep the app around waiting for more functionality because it know its possible. I am eagerly awaiting the updates.
    Last edited by Mathrin; 09-08-08 at 07:31 PM.
    09-08-08 07:28 PM
    Kind of lost ... I joined but I don't quite get what the purpose of this application.

How do I install the application on my Curve ?

thanks
    09-10-08 06:47 AM
    I've added it

I would love to see Canadian Postal codes Added to the exchange even if only the first 3 digits are used as they will pin point a location enough for Google Maps to locate
    09-10-08 05:23 PM
    New BB user here. I'm 28 work full time as a printer part time as a autoparts store employee and ride sportbikes. I'd like to try this new feature out so send me a message some time. Thx!...
    09-11-08 10:14 PM
    is this pinexchange facebook app the same as the original facebook app? Would i have to remove the existing facebook app that is already on my curve before i can install this new one (if it is a new one)? I havent been able to check out the link that is on this thread yet cause not allowed to access these sites at work.

I tried the pinexchange on my pc last night and i get random crashes for some reason. I tried the pinexchange app on my phone this morning but it always gets stuck at where it says loading google maps. Wasnt sure if its the same app or not.
    Last edited by CrackberryBold; 09-12-08 at 09:03 AM.
    09-12-08 08:59 AM
    @ Mathrin:

We have our Facebook dev working on this stuff... will get back to you with time frame details.

Obvious goal is to make the app as good as possible. In the BEGINNING when less people were using it it actually was very easy to find people (per the description). With soo many people on it now, it's become a bit unwieldy. There are certain limitations to what can be done though due to the way Facebook allows you to use people's info. So we'll make it as a good as we can, but it may not be *perfect* ever due to that.
    09-12-08 09:04 AM
    @ Mathrin:

We have our Facebook dev working on this stuff... will get back to you with time frame details.

Obvious goal is to make the app as good as possible. In the BEGINNING when less people were using it it actually was very easy to find people (per the description). With soo many people on it now, it's become a bit unwieldy. There are certain limitations to what can be done though due to the way Facebook allows you to use people's info. So we'll make it as a good as we can, but it may not be *perfect* ever due to that.
    Sounds great! I appreciate the responce and look forward to advances in the application. I understand that building apps for Facebook can be a daunting task (why else would there be so many simple junk apps and vew quality ones?) and patience is good when expecting quality.

I believe that this will be a quality application that will greatly help build the already growing Blackberry community. I commend you for that. I look forward to the time frame and updates to the program. I'd like to see (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) something along the lines of a bi-monthly update post. A quick posts of known issues with priority issues highlighted with time frames. This would allow for the community to look for new features and report issues they are having the with the app that may not have been noticed before. Win-win I think.

Again, I think the app is very cool with LOTS of potential. Over coming the Facebook barrier can be a pain but I believe the people working on it to be very talented people for Crackberry to get behind it. Also, I'm sure these people are using their spare time to be working on this and have other responsibilities as well. With that, I want to show my graditude for what these people are doing to help the community. Thank you!

As an aside, thanks for the podcasts and I always look forward to a new one each week. Keep up the good work.
    09-12-08 09:31 AM
    it doesnt show on my facebook either.
    09-13-08 09:17 AM
    Down loaded the app directly to my phone. But I don't see any options in there for pin ect.
    Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 09:52 AM
    Do I NEED to download the app to my computer?

09-18-08 09:54 AM
    I really want to meet cool new people from around the world but I wish I knew a way to weed out the pervs and whatnot. I'm not looking to hook up (my man rocks my world) I just want to have a good conversation.
    09-20-08 10:21 PM
    Good deal...definitely have to be careful tho...once its out there its out there...the option to only allow your friends to see pin is cool....any time now myspace!
    09-22-08 09:27 AM
    ive signed up and added the app but I cant see my pin in my profile and I also can't see the app icon anywhere on my page or in my apps section, can anyone help?
    09-24-08 02:16 PM
    Funny I have BB friends but they don't have Facebook.

Any ways this pinexchange can I put it on my curve?

09-25-08 08:32 AM
    None of my bb friends are on there, and all my facebook friends aren't cool enough to have a berry.

Add me so I feel cool hahaha

Jeff longo...I think the only one

09-26-08 06:49 PM
    It seems as if i randomly try and request someone i talk to em briefly and they take me off my bb messanger. Im guessing its not a good idea to randomly request someone. ALthough i am a nice person. Cant always get what ya want in life these days.
    09-27-08 01:27 PM
    Just added my app to my FB as well!!
    09-28-08 09:45 AM
    ive got this app already and theres two styles of this blackberry app but fun and look forward to meeting new BB users from around the world to chat
    09-30-08 02:54 AM
    I did it but I thought that because my facebook is private that my pin would be too but you have to make sure you place privacy settings on the pin site as well. But thanks I like it.
    10-02-08 05:54 AM
    Well this is a pretty cool app.
    10-05-08 07:56 PM
    cool app! i just added it
    10-06-08 02:42 AM
    awesome... i just added it. i left my pin visible to the app just to see if i meet anyone new in the area that is a crackaddict
    10-06-08 06:01 PM
    okay I'm in. for any newbies from EU... say hi in dutch, german, english and italian.
    10-12-08 06:19 AM
    Cant see Canadians on the map?
    10-13-08 08:42 AM
449 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD