Hi there,
    I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8810 running OS4.5.0.55 (the highest it can run, unfortunately). I'm wondering, is there any way to change the 3rd party app icons without creating a new theme? I see that magicIcon is available, but it's listed as only working for 4.7+. Does anyone know a way around this? Or a similar app? Even some way that the icon can be changed through desktop software? (I'd like the icon to be the same throughout themes/at least be able to use my current theme with it - that's why I'm looking for something similar to magicIcon if possible).

Thanks,
    Teri
    02-10-11 12:34 AM
    Hi there,
    I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8810 running OS4.5.0.55 (the highest it can run, unfortunately). I'm wondering, is there any way to change the 3rd party app icons without creating a new theme? I see that magicIcon is available, but it's listed as only working for 4.7+. Does anyone know a way around this? Or a similar app? Even some way that the icon can be changed through desktop software? (I'd like the icon to be the same throughout themes/at least be able to use my current theme with it - that's why I'm looking for something similar to magicIcon if possible).

Thanks,
    Teri
    you can't without upgrading to OS4.7. Even if you had modified the app on the desktop but when you run it on the BB it will not work because the security software will not validate the app because it has been modified.

We can make something similar to our magicIcon app for OS4.6 but not sure if there are enough interest in older OS.
    02-10-11 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD