Like the interface & it runs smooth. Only thing I see (bug) is if you enable "intergrate with messages application" and set the alert, you get an alert in the messages folder. But the red indicator light will still blink until you oper the app itself.
    12-14-10 08:17 PM
    Where are you guys going to import your viigo rss feeds? I'm not seeing that option anywhere. Thanks
    12-14-10 08:41 PM
    Does not support direct tcp, as some of us don't have a bb data plan, the new app doesn't work without a bb plan.
    12-14-10 08:52 PM
    Based on what others have posted it would be nice if it could import Google Reader
    12-14-10 09:13 PM
    Awesome, but at least allow one to import directly from Google Reader. I guess you can login to your My Viigo account, import your Google Reader feeds, then import your Viigo feeds to News Feeds. Trackin'? Because in a nut shell, that's what I did?
    12-15-10 01:25 AM
    Where are you guys going to import your viigo rss feeds? I'm not seeing that option anywhere. Thanks
    Select Add Feeds, then Import viigo feeds.
    You may need to use the menu key - I don't remember, as I already deleted the app, since it didn't import one of my favorite features of Viigo - the weather "channel", so I can see temperature, and weather status in multiple locations at one click.
    12-15-10 08:51 AM
    is anyone having a problem with BIS? Since I installed this my BIS keeps dropping... Related?
    12-15-10 09:15 AM
    Select Add Feeds, then Import viigo feeds.
    You may need to use the menu key - I don't remember, as I already deleted the app, since it didn't import one of my favorite features of Viigo - the weather "channel", so I can see temperature, and weather status in multiple locations at one click.
    I figured it out, but I appreciate your reply regardless. It isn't as obvious as an option to find as you'd think haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 09:50 AM
    Okay - maybe I am just missing something obvious but is there a listing of the keyboard shortcuts that are available within the news feed app?
    12-15-10 09:57 AM
    Just deleted Social Feeds! News Feeds is definitely what I missed about Viigo after moving to OS 6.
    12-16-10 12:30 AM
    UPDATE 12-16-10
    Been using a 3 days now here is some more feedback

Pros-
    • Fast feed updates
    • All new unread items in one location (not sure if Viigo did this)

Cons-
    • no summary of article when forwarding
    • serious lag in exiting the application

I primarily used viigo for news feeds from their first release, beta testing Project Tango and finally just the stripped down News Only reader. There were a lot of nice tweaks that users were able to do that did not appear to transfer over after the aquisition. RIM needs to bring them back
    12-16-10 08:25 AM
    I've been trying this app for the past few days and while it has a good clean appearance I prefer Viigo that I have been using for the past year or so.

What I miss that Viigo has:
    1. Easy deletion of multiple items instead of one at a time.
    2. Easy weather feed selection and checking.
    3. The quicker loading of text instead of an entire web page layout when I want to read more about an article.

Question: If a person marks all items read do they go away automatically at some point or what?

12-18-10 04:07 PM
    im haveing the same issue...it doesnt give me enough spaces to type my email address(i only need one more character) and it doesnt accept my username it only wants my email address i used for my BBid...ive even copy and pasted it direcly fomr the appworld and it wont take my email address any others experienceing the same thing?
    i am having the same problem .. my blackberry id is @vzw.blackberry.net & if some reason it doesn't let me add the last letter .. anyone have a solution to this ? thanks
    12-18-10 05:39 PM
    Yes. Hover over the feed. BB Options. "Set Alert"

I'm not sure how similar this is to OS6. I think this was more of a way to provide RSS feeds to OS 5 and previous devices.
    Seems to have solved the integration problem on my end.

12-18-10 06:37 PM
    My feeds stopped updating this morning. I have tried clearing cache and forcing the update manually, only thing left is a battery pull which I hate doing because of how long they take on OS5.
    12-20-10 09:57 AM
    My feeds stopped updating this morning. I have tried clearing cache and forcing the update manually, only thing left is a battery pull which I hate doing because of how long they take on OS5.
    I also had issue with news feed updates, but it ok now. I am not sure what happened. I didn't pull battery hence it would have been a server problem.

12-20-10 10:44 AM
    It IS running in the backgroun, althou there isn't an icon in the app switcher...
    12-20-10 02:09 PM
    I am not able to read the full article because it is just too small. I must be missing something because this is to read with isn't it? What happened to column view in 6.0. This might have helped but, I would assume there is a way to actually be able to see the text??
    01-02-11 05:54 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD