Does anyone else have a problem with their myspace app on their blackberry? When I install it, i receives all of my myspace inbox, but from then on, it doesnt update. If I send a message from my blackberry threw myspace, that shows up, but I receive new messages, and cannot figure out how to view them in the app. I even tried logging off and logging back in and it still does not show them, so I still have to go threw the browser and go to myspace to read them... Anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it?
    11-17-08 03:44 PM
    Everybody is having this same problem. There really isn't a way to fix it right now. Just have to wait on RIM to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 03:48 PM
    RIM? sorry im a newbie. LoL and sorry if this question was already posted elsewhere :-/ maybe someone could direct me to the thread if it was so i can subscribe so I know when a fix does come out
    11-18-08 03:53 AM
    RIM? sorry im a newbie. LoL and sorry if this question was already posted elsewhere :-/ maybe someone could direct me to the thread if it was so i can subscribe so I know when a fix does come out
    RIM = the manufacturer of the BlackBerry that you proudly use
    11-18-08 03:57 AM
    Yep, Research In Motion=RIM.
    Anyway, yeah, the myspace app has been a nightmare for me too. I didn't even look, but let me guess, you use either Verizon or T-Mobile? From what I have seen so far, those 2 carriers' users are the ones experiencing the problems with the app. Everyone I know with a BB through AT&T or Nextel/Sprint who uses the app says it works fine, and I've even seen it work correctly on my buddies AT&T. When he receives new messages, he'll get an alert sound, and when he looks at his screen, boom...there is the little message icon at the top, only instead of the normal message "envelope" it's the myspace icon, and has the number of messages right beside it...I WANT MINE TO WORK!! LOL.
    11-19-08 01:05 PM
    Yep, verizon here:-) That sucks, hope they fix it very soon
    11-19-08 01:58 PM
    Same here!
    11-19-08 02:05 PM
    Yep, no worky on VZW
    11-19-08 04:06 PM
    can someone help me out... i dowloaded the myspace app for my curve 8320 and when i try to sign in it says invalid email and password when i am putting in the right info ...so if anyone can help me please do so...and oh yeah if it helps i have t-mobile
    11-19-08 06:13 PM
    can someone help me out... i dowloaded the myspace app for my curve 8320 and when i try to sign in it says invalid email and password when i am putting in the right info ...so if anyone can help me please do so...and oh yeah if it helps i have t-mobile
    well that error message seems pretty self explanatory. make sure when you are typing in your password that you are not accidentally capitalizing things that shouldn't by holding the key too long.
    11-19-08 06:25 PM
    no its ferrshurr right ive tried over and over again and it still says it after i try to sign in
    11-19-08 06:29 PM
    no its ferrshurr right ive tried over and over again and it still says it after i try to sign in
    no idea then. sorry
    11-19-08 06:36 PM
    Other than some loading issues last week it is working fine for me on Verizon.
    You're getting notifications fine?

11-19-08 06:44 PM
    its cool but do you know any number i can call to see if they can figure it out
    11-19-08 06:50 PM
    so can anyone help me why when i try to sign in to the myspace app it says "the email & password combination provided is incorrect. please try again"...it just keeps saying that when i try to sign in ...thanx
    11-19-08 07:01 PM
    yeah i just tried it and it still didnt work
    11-19-08 07:17 PM
    yeah i just tried doing that but it didnt work
    11-19-08 07:22 PM
    yes all of the info is correct
    11-19-08 07:42 PM
    As far as the verizon thing goes. I have noticed that the home page does automaticly update itself, just the messages page woulnt....
    11-20-08 05:31 AM
    Mine works fine, and I'm on T-Mobile. I've had no problems since it was released. I get the correct alerts and everything.

11-20-08 09:29 AM
    Hey all,

Finally figured out the problem.....

In an article posted on blackberrys website (blackberry support forum article KB16054) regarding "Not receiving message notifications (sorry can't post links on here), there is a note that says....

"MySpace for BlackBerry smartphones only notifies you of items for which you have turned on notifications in your MySpace account."

So, basically, what you have to do is go into your myspace account settings, click notifications and select which notifications you want to receive to the phone (new messages, comments, etc.). NOTE: This is not the mobile notifications area and after this, you can hypothetically get rid of your text message notifications.

Here's the second MUST KNOW piece. The email address you are sending your notifications to should be an email address that is setup on your blackberry. When the email comes in, the phone knows its a myspace update and it shouldn't show up as a new inbox message but as a myspace notification.

I did this today and it worked immediately when a new message came in.

NOTE: This won't work with your phones MMS/SMS address (eg. [email protected]) the myspace notifications must use an email account that you have setup on your blackberry as an email address through Blackberry Internet Service or Enterprise Server.
    11-20-08 03:38 PM
    Mine works fine, and I'm on T-Mobile. I've had no problems since it was released. I get the correct alerts and everything.

really it works ...do you have to have a special plan for it....because i downloaded it OTA and when i try to sign in thats what it allways says and i verified that it was correct on my computer....do you need a blackberry email address to use it...reply back please
    11-22-08 11:57 AM
    Other then loading it never had any problems with it and I'm on verizon. Which is good cause along with CB it is my other addiction
    11-22-08 03:16 PM
    Great find! Finally I no longer think the myspace app is junk:-) You are the man! For some reason it doesnt work with comments though, i still get the email and it doesnt go threw the app

Hey all,

Finally figured out the problem.....

In an article posted on blackberrys website (blackberry support forum article KB16054) regarding "Not receiving message notifications (sorry can't post links on here), there is a note that says....

"MySpace for BlackBerry smartphones only notifies you of items for which you have turned on notifications in your MySpace account."

So, basically, what you have to do is go into your myspace account settings, click notifications and select which notifications you want to receive to the phone (new messages, comments, etc.). NOTE: This is not the mobile notifications area and after this, you can hypothetically get rid of your text message notifications.

Here's the second MUST KNOW piece. The email address you are sending your notifications to should be an email address that is setup on your blackberry. When the email comes in, the phone knows its a myspace update and it shouldn't show up as a new inbox message but as a myspace notification.

I did this today and it worked immediately when a new message came in.

NOTE: This won't work with your phones MMS/SMS address (eg. [email protected]) the myspace notifications must use an email account that you have setup on your blackberry as an email address through Blackberry Internet Service or Enterprise Server.
    11-23-08 02:03 PM
    I'm kinda having the same problem too..I do get notices fine but I got a couple messages last night buit its not showing up on my bb I'm on att btw

11-25-08 01:33 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD