I have a BB Bold 9790 with OS 7.0 and BBM 6.0.2.44.
    At some point during the life pf this phone - 2-3 moths - I manage to infect my BBM with ads / commercials. Please see attachment.
    I don't know if this infection is a BB OS "feature" or is due to one of the applications I have installed from App World.
    BTW, all these apps want to connect to BBM and all the apps want to retrieve personal information and phone location and if you refuse, they keep asking until you let them, even if you tell the OS to remember your "don't bother me with this question again" selection.

These ads are taking precious screen space and make the BBM move very slowly.
    What can I do to remove them?
    Blackberry messenger bbm in app add / ads-capture_201212313153.jpg
    12-03-12 06:14 AM
    backup your BBM contacts through the options menu of BBM, then remove BBM, and for screenshots I would recommend either capturenux or the built in screen capture part of advance os and LED. what other apps do you have installed? One of them is definitely the cause of the in-BBM ads, as they shouldn't be there.
    lmihaila likes this.
    12-03-12 06:17 AM
    I have uninstalled BBM, rebooted, then went into App World to install it. It begins the installation and at some point it interrupts and says AppWorld is not available in my country. It does this only when I install the BBM app, for other apps it works.

Anyway, I went to the BB website and updated App World to the latest version and it still behaves the same way.
    12-03-12 09:44 AM
    I have uninstalled BBM, rebooted, then went into App World to install it. It begins the installation and at some point it interrupts and says AppWorld is not available in my country. It does this only when I install the BBM app, for other apps it works.

Anyway, I went to the BB website and updated App World to the latest version and it still behaves the same way.
    try http://www.blackberry.com/bbm from your blackberry browser

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    lmihaila likes this.
    12-03-12 10:16 AM
    ok, I was able to reinstall it from the web page and it behaves just like before.
    I will try to uninstall third party apps one by one and see where the ads disappear.
    12-04-12 04:00 AM
    it's caused by one of your apps, as BBM is not supposed to have ads. if you posted a list i'm sure someone could offer some insigh

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    lmihaila likes this.
    12-04-12 05:40 PM
    What happens if you click on the app? Does it open to the ads address?
    Looks like you have quite a messy bug. Refer straight to rim for advice. I don't many of us could solve this because after more than 2 years on blackberry, this is the first time I heard such happening.
    Do consult with rim technicians.
    lmihaila likes this.
    12-04-12 05:54 PM
    Why don't you just Google "Status Shuffler For BBM"?
    When I do, I get this...
    Free Status Shuffle For BBM - free - Download Status Shuffle For BBM - free - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    And this...
    Status Shuffler for BBM - BlackBerry App World
    I can easily see that the developer is SRID Games. Here is a list of their applications.
    SRID Games - BlackBerry App World
    If you have any of those, deny BBM permissions, pay for the free ones, delete all of them, or whatever...
    Here is their support email address listed on the page if you choose to complain... [email protected]/

If you have a ton of apps doing this, you may want to research them just as described above.

Hope this helps...
    lmihaila likes this.
    12-04-12 06:10 PM
    Hi guys, I nailed down the culprit.
    I uninstalled the user installed applications one by one and... the winner is:
    Kids Piano free, by SRID Games.
    This "magnificent" app, although found interesting once by my two year old daughter, put the adds inside BBM.
    I tested by uninstall/re-installing the app with restarts in between, and the adds disappeared after this app was removed, so there is no doubt it is the culprit.

Thanks to all involved!

PS: who can advice me about a competitive battery app that can monitor what keeps the device awake, just like Better Battery Stats does for Android. I run OS 7.1 now.
    BB OS is crap at this level, I'm sorry to say this in front of all the BB fans here.
    I use Android on parallel with BB and Android is so much easier to monitor for bad apps.
    12-14-12 03:52 AM
    I have a BB Bold 9790 with OS 7.0 and BBM 6.0.2.44.
    At some point during the life pf this phone - 2-3 moths - I manage to infect my BBM with ads / commercials. Please see attachment.
    I don't know if this infection is a BB OS "feature" or is due to one of the applications I have installed from App World.
    BTW, all these apps want to connect to BBM and all the apps want to retrieve personal information and phone location and if you refuse, they keep asking until you let them, even if you tell the OS to remember your "don't bother me with this question again" selection.

These ads are taking precious screen space and make the BBM move very slowly.
    What can I do to remove them?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_201212313153.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	127172
    04-18-13 02:09 PM