BlackBerry Master Control Program 0.9.2.0 Beta 6 Released!

New Website Launched / Added Facebook Group

http://mcpfx.com/
    03-03-09 10:34 AM
    all of the previous annoying problems are now fixed!!!
    03-03-09 10:36 AM
    I am very curious about the BES functionality. I hate (!) our IT policies and would love to circumvent them if I could. I just got the Storm and am hesitant to mess with it too much as I am still getting used to it.
    I tried to upgrade the OS on my Pearl last year and messed up the BES synch and got my hand slapped by IT and a couple of chuckles from Verizon's tech support...
    thanks in advance.
    aTALL1
    03-04-09 07:23 AM
    Has anyone tried this on a BES setup? In particular, will this let me upgrade my BB OS without losing my BES connection, so that I don't have to call my BES administrator to re-initialize my account?
    Dear sgt-d:

Million thanks for your incredible job here...... I love the program

As Rocky pointed, every single time I have to update/ downgrade my Blackberry Storm, I lose my BES coneection and I have to call my administrator to re-initialize my device. Is there any way using your program to upload to a new OS without lossing BES connection?

Many thanks in advance

Lemmon
    03-04-09 09:18 AM
    Dear sgd-t

I always used MCP for up/downgrades but now everytime I run MCP I get error message that says :

Access violation at address 005EDCE9 in module "mcp.exe". Read of address 00000380

I never had this problem before.. Any suggestion? Is it because I installed AVIRA Antivirus? I've just installed it couple days ago...

Many thanx...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:41 AM
    i get the error too, but very rarely. one other user reported that it was happening every time, i asked for their mcp log file but they never emailed it to me.

the error doesn't seem to cause any problems or adverse affects.

the next time you get the error, don't click "ok". instead, copy the mcp log file to your desktop and then email it to [email protected] - i will take a look at it.

as far as i know it's the only issue left before i release it publicly.
    04-02-09 11:59 AM
    i get the error too,
    the next time you get the error, don't click "ok". instead, copy the mcp log file to your desktop and then email it to [email protected] - i will take a look at it.
    Strangely I get that error message before I upgrade to MCP beta rel 7 and before that I never had that message. And if that message comes out the MCP won't recognize my pin!

Stupid question: "where is the MCP log files?" So I can send it to you..

Many thanx..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:32 PM
    First of all I want to thank you for this awesome program! I just downloaded the latest v. earlier today and already I've gone from 12MB to 21MB of file free memory. But there's one problem I'm experiencing that I'm sure you can help me out with.
    So I went threw the process of removing all the preloaded junk and apps that I never use, which went easy enough, via add/remove programs in the DM after choosing everything I wanted removed from the MCP. I'll briefly list everything I decided to trash/keep in order to help you understand what might have gone wrong: trashed all main mods/kept most core mods -BB help & Pass keeper, trashed everything from more/games, unchecked all vendors/kept only Dimension zen theme & kept BB messanger/trashed the rest.
    So, once the berry rebooted I noticed it booted with the dimension zen theme instead of the one I had before(Storm-like Zen). Easy fix, I figured I would just have to go to my themes folder and change it back....Egads! The 3 downloaded themes I had prior to the clean-up weren't there, only dimension zen remained.
    The odd thing about that is, according to the DM they are still in my repertoire of programs and themes that are still left on my phone. So that tells me that they are still on my berry, but they're hiding?
    Just to remove any doubt that they had been deleted I downloaded a different theme from the ones I had/have and, as expected, it doesn't show up in my themes folder either, but it does in the DM.
    I'm sure it's something simple, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out short of reloading my backup file....TIA sgt-d.

-Confused
    04-02-09 10:40 PM
    i'm not sure about the bold. i've never even touched one heh.

curve... if you remove all base themes you get a windows 1.0 black and white "look and feel". zen is required for any of the other base themes to work... and all are required just to use one custom theme. sorta stupid.

(install (and load) your custom theme before these steps)

you could easily use mcp (java loader page) to save the base theme from your phone to your desktop, then use mcp again to erase it from the phone. reboot it, see what it does. if it acts up, use mcp to send the base theme back to the phone.

and thank you very much, i'm really trying to make mcp the best it can possibly be.

Sorry, I guess I should have read the prior posts first huh? And yes, that is complete idiocy that those of us that own Curves have to suffer with lower file free memory if we want to have any custom themes because we have to leave all the preloaded ones installed.
    I'll try your suggestion and see what comes of it. I hope there is a way to get rid of them and still have custom themes...
    04-03-09 09:18 PM
    i get the error too, but very rarely. one other user reported that it was happening every time, i asked for their mcp log file but they never emailed it to me.

the error doesn't seem to cause any problems or adverse affects.
    The same message shows up here and don't know whether it has anything to do with it but I've got the following two issues:
    1. Once I've installed MCP I can detect my Storm's pin. However, I cannot update the firmware although the firmware is displayed in the drop down menu and confirm-box is checked (the "update firmware" button is still grey).
    2. Although MCP isn't running, the Desktop Manager doesn't find any devices. I'm using Vista with SP1 and running MCP 0.9.2.0 Beta 7 with admin rights.

Nevertheless it's a great program!!!
    04-12-09 05:40 AM
    @andrew08: sorry, i didn't see your post. go to the settings page and type "BrickBerry" in the space provided. this phrase is designed to protect all devices from potential damage. also if you are dealing with 5.x os's make sure you are also running DM 5.x.
    08-30-09 03:12 PM
    MCP 20090830 (Development Snapshot) has been released on the Live Mesh. This build corrects all application messagebox events so they display nicely for all versions of Windows. Windows Vista/7 users will see a nicer layout instead of "chopped" sentences. Earlier versions of Windows won't notice any change. The newer versions of Windows automagically adjust/wrap longer sentences. Examples will be on http://mcpfx.com/ later today.
    08-30-09 03:13 PM
    BlackBerry Master Control Program 0.9.2.0 Beta 9 Released!

http://mcpfx.com/
    09-02-09 08:59 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD