On the Curve 8330. Is it worth switching?

I had the Google app but deleted it because I quickly grew tired of the inbox conflict with gmail. Any way to remove an email from the main inbox after you join them? Getting two notifications for every email was mighty irritating.

One more Q, the phone came loaded with a ton of stupid icons to download everything under the sun, I can hide them but see no option to delete them, because they're not actually apps, just icons. WTF?
    09-14-10 04:10 PM
    Just download Google Maps instead of the whole Google App. I use both of them: Google works good for finding and plotting things and BB Maps works best for navigating for me.

No, just hide them. They're pushed to you by your service books. You can delete the service books but they will just get sent back to you when the phone reboots or your carrier just decides to send them.
    09-14-10 04:30 PM
    On the Curve 8330. Is it worth switching?

I had the Google app but deleted it because I quickly grew tired of the inbox conflict with gmail. Any way to remove an email from the main inbox after you join them? Getting two notifications for every email was mighty irritating.
    If you want a real map that ties well into GPS, use Google Maps. The app has nothing directly to do with Gmail.

One more Q, the phone came loaded with a ton of stupid icons to download everything under the sun, I can hide them but see no option to delete them, because they're not actually apps, just icons. WTF?
    The icons are links sent to you via service books from your carrier. You can hide them, but cannot delete them without deleting them from the service books. Once you update your service books, these links will come back.
    09-14-10 04:33 PM
    Alright, thanks guys.
    09-14-10 05:01 PM
    I really like Google Maps but have issues with it crashing often and perpetually asking for Security Permission in a window. Only way to rid of the window and be able to use my phone is to Alt Shift Del reset it.
    09-14-10 05:38 PM
    I downloaded google maps on a recommendation from a friend. I rarely use it. BB maps gets extensive use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 10:23 PM
    Same phone. I too tried the google mobile app but deleted it because I only use google maps,and google sync to sync my google calendar with my bb calendar. I'm still trying to find a reason for the gmail app, the phones email app works fine for me with my gmail account.

I chose google maps because of google latitude. I tend to freak if my wife is late getting home and google latitude let's me find her. She doesn't answer her phone when driving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 10:27 PM
    I downloaded google maps on a recommendation from a friend. I rarely use it. BB maps gets extensive use.
    I too tried the google mobile app but deleted it because ..
    Main advantage I use GMobileApp and GMaps is because they have voice command search. Just wish GMobileApp would automaticly search the map when I want to find a location of something instead of always opening Google web search results. Android can do this, why can't my BB?!!#@$%&!!@?
    09-14-10 11:20 PM
    Since ver 4.4 my Google Maps now works perfectly with the native GPS (both in my previous Storm, and now in my Bold) and now I have all the accuracy of BB Maps, with all the info of Google Maps. My only complaint would be that occasionally Google Maps isn't quite as fast.
    09-14-10 11:26 PM
    Google Maps all the way. I've been using it forever in combination with Poynt. I never really used the BB Maps app, it always ran slow for me.. Maybe I'll give it another go sometime soon..
    09-14-10 11:48 PM
    I lothe BB Maps, it's just not a very good app. Google Maps is fantastic, it gets a ton of use from me. Download it, you'll be glad you did. m.google.com/maps from your BB browser will take you to the link.
    09-15-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD