Follow up post:

Well, I have no idea what I did, maybe it really was a data outage lol. But now my bb maps is working fine. I know that I did the following things throughout the process, but after doing them the problem wasn't fixed. The day after I did all this, my bb maps was back to normal, so maybe it had something to do with it:
    1) I went to options>advanced options>host routing table>bb menu key>register now
    2) I also, from the homescreen, went to setup>email settings>bb menu key>service books>send service books

So I don't know if any of those things did it, but try that. Sorry for the unclear solution, I am just glad mine is working. If this many people are having this problem, and it is because Verizon isn't sending new bb maps service books, they will fix it eventually. Or somebody should post their service books so everyone else can download them!

I can confirm that this exact procedure worked on my Storm 2. I have a coworker with a storm 1 running v5 with the same problem; I'll have him try it when he gets back from lunch.

Edit...Confirming that this fix has worked on a Storm 2 AND a Storm 1 running v5.
    Last edited by viper8315; 11-03-09 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Update
    11-03-09 12:10 PM
    Thanks...
    The two steps worked like a champ. It worked for BB Maps & Bing. Now everything works on the Storm2.
    I can confirm that this exact procedure worked on my Storm 2. I have a coworker with a storm 1 running v5 with the same problem; I'll have him try it when he gets back from lunch
    Awesome, glad I could help.
    11-03-09 12:32 PM
    Awesome, glad I could help.
    Thanks a lot man...that was a big help. I'm sure it will make a lot of other people happy. Maybe this fix should be put in a sticky or something.
    11-03-09 01:19 PM
    I did step 2 only and it worked! Now my Storm2 is perfect, thanks, Dude!
    11-03-09 01:46 PM
    Resending worked, awesome...... back to google maps (I like it better). This place is great, thanks a ton to the poster who recommended this process.
    11-03-09 06:39 PM
    You didn't have to do any of that. just go to the Options icon on the home screen >Advanced Options>GPS>GPS Services and select "Location On". When you first get the device, it's set to "E911 Only".

anyway, that's what i did and it worked for me.
    11-09-09 03:49 PM
    Hi

I have recently bought the Blackberry Strom 2 9550 from Ebay(Verizon wireless Unlocked) and I am using this in Saudi Arabia on the Mobily Network(a Local Service Provider).
    I have subscribed into the BIS plan and have set up the email and everything works fine, but I can�t see the BB map(I have tried the show all on the homescreen but still nothing) application to use the GPS Maps (I don�t know if this could be used). The only application it does have is the VZNavigator which I believe works only in the U.S,
    Is there an alternate application that I can install to use GPS Navigation? Or is there device software for Saudi Arabia that has all relevant applications?

Secondly when I do try to login through the Facebook allplication it says connection error, is there anything I can do about this.

Thanks.
    08-20-10 05:17 AM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD