I was trying to re-install BB Maps on my 9700 running OS 5, so naturally I started by going to BlackBerry.com/maps . From there, I ended up having to send myself a link to my BlackBerry which led me to BlackBerry.com/send/maps which had a really tiny "BlackBerry Maps Installer 6.1" which said it was for OS 4.1 and up. I installed it on my BlackBerry and nothing happened. I then uninstalled the 5.0 ver of BlackBerry maps that was installed on my BB (and not working properly) and re-installed the installer. I got prompted to reboot so I did so. Beyond that point, I'm still unable to find BlackBerry Maps and/or an installer for it on my BB other than under "options" --> "applications", but that doesn't help me install it :-S Any ideas?
    03-13-12 08:31 AM
    I've never found a working OTA for BB Maps. Best thing to do is download the latest carrier OS and install it to your PC, you'll be able to load BB Maps via Desktop Manager.
    03-13-12 09:50 AM
    It's crazy unfortunate how bad RIM has gotten these days. I mean if they don't have a functional OTA install of an app, why have it on their site? Grrr!
    03-13-12 10:33 AM
    "These days" has nothing to do with it. The mobile.blackberry.com link has always been the ota install for the ribbon launcher, not the actual app.

The app has pretty much always been preloaded as part of the OS. You have to reinstall it through DM or an OTA OS reinstall.

Someone could make an OTA install out of the .cod files but I doubt they will bother.
    03-13-12 02:03 PM
    Sorry, I'm just starting to get frustrated with RIM as of lately. I really love my BlackBerry, but I'm not happy with the way they're treating us as customers :-(

Either way, I'll try installing it directly off of the COD file I found among the OS files and see if that works.
    03-13-12 02:51 PM
    Frak: trying to install the COD that looked related in the OS files didn't work, so I went to install it via Desktop manager, and it's now re-installing my entire OS. Gotta love Desktop Manager
    03-13-12 06:28 PM
    You can check net_rim_bb_maps.alx to see all of the related cod files.
    03-14-12 01:36 PM
    I seem to be missing that file under the OS' folder as well as the Java folder within :-(

Regardless, I re-installed the OS and BB maps along with it. Needless to say, I seem to be getting more and more disappointed with RIM every time I find out how far down hill they keep going :-(
    03-15-12 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD