I have accidentally deleted the Blackberry Maps. Can anyone please help me how to install it back. Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 05:12 AM
    BBMaps is an OS module. If you have your 9700 OS installed on your PC, run the App Loader and check the box for BBMaps. If you don't have the OS installed, you'll have to do that first. There is no current OTA install for BBMaps. The OTA version on the RIM site is for obsolete OS versions only.
    08-04-10 05:43 AM
    Exactly what did you do? The instructions above will get the base app back on your device. To get the icon back:

m.blackberry.com > where to buy > downloads > get bb maps

08-04-10 07:18 AM
    could you clarify the above instructions? I haven't been able to find "get bb maps" by following the string. thanks
    08-04-10 05:16 PM
    I don't understand post #3 either. I don't see that it takes you to a BBMaps download, which as far as I have been able to determine has not existed since OS 4.1.
    08-04-10 05:41 PM
    i think what the poster meant was once you have bb maps app loaded some carriers, like att, hide the icon.if you go to m.blackberry.com it loads a ribbon so the icon will show.i have a 9700 on att thats what i had to do.
    Last edited by nuangel2; 08-04-10 at 09:24 PM.
    08-04-10 09:21 PM
    I found no such ribbon on m.BlackBerry.com.

08-04-10 09:25 PM
    You will not see the actual ribbon file. If you follow the instructions you will eventually get to a download screen asking you to continue. That small download is the ribbon file. BB Maps is installed via the DM as indicated in the first response.

You still have not explained exactly what you did. You have been provided the install instructions for the base app and the ribbon file to make the icon appear.

What exactly did you do?

08-04-10 10:54 PM
    Wow this is such a mess. Just go to your computer, open the Desktop Manager, open app loader, check Blackberry Maps, click the button and it will install Maps and restart the device.
    08-04-10 11:01 PM
    From the error you are getting, I am guessing you deleted BB Maps from the "Add On" applications list otherwise doing what I said should prompt you to either install or replace the ribbon file. This is because the BB Maps is detected otherwise you get prompted for an OTA install of base BB Maps. This will of course fail.

"Where to buy" is at the top in the banner on m.blackberry.com.

"Downloads" is at the bottom just above the legal info on the "where to buy" page.

On the downloads page, "Get BBMaps" is actually "Download BlackBerry Maps" under "What's New".

Last edited by shansmi; 08-04-10 at 11:11 PM.
    08-04-10 11:04 PM
    If RIM merged BB Maps with Google maps.... Blackberry Google Maps!

yah, I know, it's obviously a joke lol
    08-05-10 01:30 AM
    "Where to buy" is at the top in the banner on m.blackberry.com.

"Downloads" is at the bottom just above the legal info on the "where to buy" page.

On the downloads page, "Get BBMaps" is actually "Download BlackBerry Maps" under "What's New"....
    "Where to buy" doesn't lead to "Downloads" for me. Instead, I get:

08-05-10 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD