I have a listing for Blackberry Maps in my applications list (settings, applications, add-ons) but I can not find the icon or the app anywhere. Any sugestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 02:24 AM
    Go to icons / menu screen and press the BlackBerry button, you should see an option called Show All.

Does the icon show up now? If so highlight the icon and press the BlackBerry button and untick the hide option.

If that fails load your phone on BlackBerry Desktop Manager and use the app loader to remove BlackBerry Maps and then readd it again.
    05-12-10 03:57 AM
    Do you have AT&T? I remember reading a post somewhere about AT&T not allowing an icon for Blackberry maps. I have AT&T and I have Blackberry Maps listed in applications but do not have an icon for it either. Maybe someone with more info can explain why this is?
    05-12-10 11:35 AM
    I went here on my BB: mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=maps_sbi

And after downloading that, maps showed up. I can't remember if it was in my downloads or my app folder. Regardless, it worked. It's a great program. I actually like it a bit better than Google Maps.
    05-12-10 11:44 AM
    There is also a shortcut app posted by a forum member that will open bbmaps on ATT devices where it is hidden. Search bbmaps launcher in the 3rd party apps forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 05:38 PM
    If you're on AT&T, they block it to try to gouge another $10 bucks from you for using Telenav. Do a search for net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod and install it with BBSAK. While the launcher mentioned in an earlier post *will* start BB Maps for you, the "Local Search" feature won't work. Loading the .cod file is the only way around this. Good news is, you'll get the native icon on your device and full functionality. Bad news is, you have to repeat this every time you have Service books sent. But that's not too often

If you don't have BBSAK (shame on you) use your phones browser and do an OTA load of Maps from the Blackberry webpage.

I attached a zip of the .cod file.
    Last edited by Stogies; 05-12-10 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added zip of ribbon.cod
    05-12-10 06:00 PM
    If you have QuickLaunch, you can use it to open BlackBerry Maps. QuickLaunch is not free, but it is probably the most useful app I have purchased.
    05-12-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD