first off, i cheated on Blackberry and got me a droid... and im starting to get that blackberry itch again.. i'm looking to migrate back to my roots.

heres the deal, i use google voice religiously. and one thing i love about google voice and android is the seamless integration. it can be configured that all outbound calls and text use google voice with out any extra steps from the end user. unlike the blackberry google voice app when i used it [ first release ]

this seamless experience is crucial for me.. from when i had my tour.. this could not be done.. unless i use gvdialer, and text was crappy.. no push..

So my question is has any of that improved??

any hardcore google voice users out there? whats your set up? my goal is not to use my wireless carriers number at alllllll.

Thanks guys!
    04-14-10 09:30 AM
    If you have the Google Voice app installed and active, you can pull up a contact, hit the menu button and click "Call using Google voice" or "SMS using Google voice"

Erika
    04-14-10 09:59 AM
    If you have the Google Voice app installed and active, you can pull up a contact, hit the menu button and click "Call using Google voice" or "SMS using Google voice"

Erika
    yea i remember that but, just annoying.. if i remember correctly that option isnt available if i want to call someone from the call log?
    04-14-10 10:09 AM
    No, it isn't.

Bottom line is that you're not going to find the integration you're used to on an Android.

At least not right now. Things could change.

E
    04-14-10 10:25 AM
    ... call someone from the call log?...

This option is available on my 8330 curve, from call log, BB button then scroll up to SMS/Call using Google voice...

I did have to relearn how to initiate SMS, but it was easy enough.
    04-19-10 10:47 AM
    i have GV forward my SMS to my gmail account, so it pushes right to me.
    04-19-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD