BlackBerry users can now turn their voicemails into text and have them emailed direct to their handset after voice-to-text company SpinVox launched a plug-in for Blackberry.

SpinVox https://www.spinvox.com/voicemail-page.html is a British technology company, notable for being the first such company in the world to convert voicemails to text messages for both landlines, IP telephony and mobile telephones.

Users who download the application — and pay �5 per year — will have voicemails sent as a text email to their BlackBerry inbox. Nerdy cool being able to reply by email including a copy in text of their voicemail

On receiving the converted, text version of the voicemail, users have the option to reply by email, in addition to voice or SMS. The emails link up to the user's address book so the caller's name is displayed.

Importantly, SpinVox for BlackBerry ensures that the inbound caller's number links up with the user's address book to present the caller's name, and the ability to reply directly by email, as an alternative to calling or sending an SMS.

"BlackBerry email delivers business efficiency and personal productivity," says Christina Domecq, CEO and co-founder, SpinVox. "Adding SpinVox to the mix takes those benefits to the next level, eliminating the need to dial-in and check voicemail and making it simple and easy to check voice messages in the email format that BlackBerry addicts love."

The launch comes after RIM executives trialled the SpinVox Voicemail product on their own BlackBerry phones and immediately saw the benefits of receiving their voice messages converted to email.

SpinVox Voicemail for BlackBerry is a bit special. Download our plug-in software and not only will you get your voicemails as emails within minutes but you can also see who’s left you the message. Then you have a choice – email or call them back, up to you.

Your Voicemails are prefixed with “SpinVox:” so it’s easy to sort voicemail from email

The first part of the message is displayed in the subject line
    Available on a range of BlackBerry models including 88xx, 83xx Curve™, 8100 Pearl™ 8707g, 8700 and 7130.

Users of the BlackBerry solution around the globe will also benefit from the SpinVox service which is currently available in English, Spanish, French and German.

Outside the UK, SpinVox has made network deals with Telstra (Australia), Vodafone Spain, Rogers (Canada), Telus (Canada), SaskTel (Canada), Cincinatti Bell (USA) and Vodacom (South Africa) and also Orange, SFR and Bouygues (France)
    Last edited by Berryman; 02-29-08 at 06:20 PM.
    02-29-08 06:10 PM
    Sounds interesting.
    03-01-08 02:20 PM
    Just tried it. US people need to go to a reseller site with no support. I could not get it to work as described but hey what do I know.

Let me know if someone else gets it to work

dan
    03-04-08 02:36 PM
    it works on sasktel but you need a good imagination to figure them out as most of the translation gets boggled
    01-04-11 10:30 PM
    This technology currently is just garbage can't even translate the easiest of phrases properly. With some speaking with a slight accent and it won't correct interpret the message.

Once I had some leave me a message saying: "Hi call me back"

And it translated: "By, ball me tack."

I was confused and listened to my voicemail to figure out what it was trying to say.
    01-04-11 10:33 PM
    Google Voice people...
    01-05-11 12:13 AM
    Google Voice people...
    That's what I use - not perfect but the translation text works. And add free visual VM too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 01:00 AM
    Google Voice people...
    Agreed. Been using Google Voice for this and it works well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 07:46 AM
    Sounds good!
    01-05-11 09:28 AM
    Yuppers, Google Voice has been doing this for free for quite some time now. The translations aren't always the best, but then I've yet to see any voice to text that is highly accurate. Plus if reading the "voicemail" doesn't quite cut it you can play the actual message directly from the Google Voice app on your Blackberry.
    01-05-11 09:39 AM
    +1 for Google Voice.

Transcriptions are always accurate, but I can usually get the gist of things from the rest of the message.

Had to laugh when my wife texted me a copy of a message I left for her. I called to tell her I was on my way to pick her up, but had to stop and get gas on the way. The transcription said I had to "stop and kick a$$ on the way".
    01-05-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD