The previous owner of my phone number has an assortment of bill collectors, gf stalkers, and people he is trying to hide from, trying to contact him. I would like to block the phone calls and texts that I am getting from them. I've tried the built in firewall (OS 6), but it is blocking legitimate text messages from my address book as well, even though I have it configured not too.

Are there any hints for making address book entries that work properly with the firewall, or any suggestions for spam/call/sms blockers?

Thanks!
    Bob
    06-19-11 11:18 AM
    Where are these callers getting your number? I could understand if you were getting PIN messages, since the PIN is permanently associated with the device, but isn't your phone number different from the previous owner's number?
    06-19-11 12:04 PM
    No, the phone number is that of the previous owner's. T-mo couldn't port my old number, which was on T-mo prepaid (long story - basically, you need to wait 90 days for number to expire).

I discovered that having parentheses in the phone number (which are automatically put there by outlook) means that the firewall doesn't operate properly. Unfortunately, Outlook will not allow me to remove them (thanks Microsoft!)

Bob
    06-19-11 12:22 PM
    No, the phone number is that of the previous owner's. T-mo couldn't port my old number, which was on T-mo prepaid (long story - basically, you need to wait 90 days for number to expire).

I discovered that having parentheses in the phone number (which are automatically put there by outlook) means that the firewall doesn't operate properly. Unfortunately, Outlook will not allow me to remove them (thanks Microsoft!)

Bob
    I use Outlook and Desktop Manager sync. There are no parentheses in any phone numbers in my contacts in Outlook.
    06-19-11 12:39 PM
    I use Outlook and Desktop Manager sync. There are no parentheses in any phone numbers in my contacts in Outlook.
    Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem with wanting to remove parentheses that outlook inserts automatically.

google "remove parenthese outlook"

Bob
    06-19-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD