Anyone else having problems with the Facebook App on your Blackberry? It keeps saying my login session has expired after about 1-2 minutes. Then it wont login. Says "There was a problem while communicating with Facebook"
    09-08-09 06:08 PM
    I've been getting that message on and off for a number of days now. Right now, I'm getting zero data on anything. Although the MediaNet browser seems to work. But no BIS data except when I connect to wifi (which is kind of odd since I didn't think BIS used wifi at all).
    09-08-09 06:32 PM
    Mine's just started today. I get emails and messages just fine, just the Facebook app has issues.
    09-08-09 06:38 PM
    I've been getting that message on and off for a number of days now. Right now, I'm getting zero data on anything. Although the MediaNet browser seems to work. But no BIS data except when I connect to wifi (which is kind of odd since I didn't think BIS used wifi at all).
    No data here either in the Philly burbs.
    09-08-09 06:49 PM
    wow...same here...exact problem too...tried uninstal and reinstal fb app 4 times still the same error message...
    09-09-09 04:54 AM
    My session also expired/logged out about 3 times yesterday. I just chalked it up to roaming in Unicel territory. I guess it wasn't that, heh.
    09-09-09 06:14 AM
    Yeah I'm having the same exact problem on my 8330, it astounds me how an app will work great for months and then one day, poof, it starts having problems, hopefully this will be remedied soon...
    09-09-09 09:20 AM
    Having issues here as well. Blackberry support has an upgraded version 1.2.0.35, however when I download the app on my BB version 1.2.0.21 downloads.
    09-11-09 03:36 PM
    when I try to send a pic from my blkbry to facebook, it always says there was an error loading. I haven't been able to send any pics yet! any ideas
    09-11-09 05:45 PM
    i have the same problem with my bold... about a week now I think.
    09-15-09 10:23 PM
    Slightly different problem; same timeframe.

On my storm, I'll get notifications but can no longer click them / launch the facebook app from 50 percent of the facebook alerts under "messages" on the home screen. Even if I open the facebook app myself and click on the notification, 50 percent of the time it will give me a small menu (Open; Delete; Go to Mobile Site; Options; Full Menu) but NOT let me view the notification or message.

And it isn't dependent on who's sending them: I received two messages from my wife on facebook, the normal functionality worked on the first but not on the second.

She has the facebook app on her Tour and hasn't experienced any recent problems.

Tried uninstalling / reinstalling ... using Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones v1.6.0.21.
    09-16-09 07:52 AM
    Slightly different problem; same timeframe.

On my storm, I'll get notifications but can no longer click them / launch the facebook app from 50 percent of the facebook alerts under "messages" on the home screen. Even if I open the facebook app myself and click on the notification, 50 percent of the time it will give me a small menu (Open; Delete; Go to Mobile Site; Options; Full Menu) but NOT let me view the notification or message.

And it isn't dependent on who's sending them: I received two messages from my wife on facebook, the normal functionality worked on the first but not on the second.

She has the facebook app on her Tour and hasn't experienced any recent problems.

Tried uninstalling / reinstalling ... using Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones v1.6.0.21.

I've got the same thing going on, but on my 8330
    09-16-09 08:18 AM
    I've got the same thing going on, but on my 8330
    Yeah, this is happening to alot of people, mine started last night, its hit or miss as to which notifications i can open, (I also use the msg folder to access fb) its happening to me, husband and a gf of mine..
    09-16-09 08:32 AM
    Seems better today...
    09-16-09 08:47 AM
    Mine just started this morning. I can access it if I go to the FB app but if I try to access it through the messages sent I can't get there. I used to just click on the message notification and pop up to whatever it was (i.e. message/picture posted/reply to comment, etc.).

I'm ready to uninstall and reinstall. I tried rebooting and logging out. Still nothing.
    09-16-09 08:58 AM
    Hopefully they get the issue resolved quickly, my notifications have been spotty for a week, either there is an issue, or FB is working on something...
    09-16-09 09:01 AM
    I wouldnt panic over it, alot are having issues so its not a indiv basis thing, which is why Im just gonna leave it alone for now.. too much hassle to reinstall etc when I know Im not the only one having issues.
    09-16-09 09:11 AM
    I wouldnt panic over it, alot are having issues so its not a indiv basis thing, which is why Im just gonna leave it alone for now.. too much hassle to reinstall etc when I know Im not the only one having issues.
    Truer words have never been spoken...
    09-16-09 09:13 AM
    glad I'm not the only one

also having a problem clicking on notifications
    they're borked

some work, some dont

my storm has been having some issues lately, so I was goiing to blame it on the device
    09-16-09 10:03 AM
    I have an 8900 and I'm having the same problem with some notifications working and others not. Did the whole battery pull and uninstall/reinstall with no luck. Hopefully an update is soon to come...
    09-16-09 10:08 AM
    Maybe it's a sign that 1.7 is coming soon?
    09-16-09 10:23 AM
    mines just started this morning
    09-16-09 10:58 AM
    mine is actually working today! first time in 2 weeks, didnt do anything differently, maybe it has just given up on being a PITA after me cussing it over and over!
    09-16-09 11:21 AM
    glad I'm not the only one

also having a problem clicking on notifications
    they're borked

some work, some dont

my storm has been having some issues lately, so I was goiing to blame it on the device
    Normally, I won't complain about something that was working one day and stopped the next day ... especially when it's something free.

But, it's so unexplained that I thought it was my Storm, too!

Just like two weeks ago, when my gMail app disappeared from my Sound Profiles list ... so I deleted that app in a hearbeat and set up the BlackBerry enhanced gMail instead.

Facebook, however is a much different scenario ... everyone knows facebook is like CRACK!
    09-16-09 11:23 AM
    never having had a bb before, am i expecting too much when i open fb and see a very limited set of capabilities compared to what is available when i log in via my laptop?

- it does not seem to pull up all the highlights i normally would see.
    - there is no visible way to navigate to my home or profile page.
    - it seems to lag the laptop on updates
    09-16-09 11:37 AM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD