I recently purchased a Blackberry Curve 8310 on ebay (something i will never do again). Anyway, at times the phone will start going into messages and send messages by itself. I was reading on a previous thread here and the guy was having the same problem and everyone said that it was the copper pad below the trackball. If this is true do i have to buy another one and if so how would i go about putting it in?
    02-07-10 10:17 AM
    Both AT&T and T-Mobile offer free replacement trackballs to their BlackBerry customers. If that is not practical, you can order them from a number of souces including Shop.CrackBerry.Com.

Replacing it is simple, carefully pry up the retaining ring and replace the assembly.

02-07-10 12:03 PM
    Have you tried restoring everything possible to the factory default? Like a wipe of the handheld, reloading the OS, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 12:07 PM
    I'm not too sure if its the trackball. It could very well be the copper pad below it. Ive tired wiping it out as well as reloading the OS twice a piece. I even downgraded the phone.
    02-07-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD