My friend has an iPhone and has installed a great app called "Dog Whistle" I have a neighbour who owns a small yappy type dog and he never shuts up so I would like to get a Dog Whistle App for my Bold...anyone know of a place that sells one?
    05-01-09 02:09 PM
    My friend has an iPhone and has installed a great app called "Dog Whistle" I have a neighbour who owns a small yappy type dog and he never shuts up so I would like to get a Dog Whistle App for my Bold...anyone know of a place that sells one?
    I haven't seen any programs for a dog whistle, but here is a website with some ultrasonic ringtones that only kids are supposed to hear. They may have the same effect for dogs...

Ultrasonic Ringtones - the new ringtones that only kids can hear!
    05-01-09 09:03 PM
    Wow. What a test of sounds. Pretty crazy who can hear what! Nice Post.
    05-01-09 09:25 PM
    Zedge has at least one silent whistle ringtone that you can download. Even at 43 years I can still hear it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 09:32 PM
    Well, given that a person would actually buy an iphone in the first place, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that someone would buy a dog whistle app...and an orange elephant repellant app (but I've never seen any orange elephants around here..AH HA! See how well it works!)

Now all they need is a "change-the-battery-yourself" app.
    05-01-09 09:41 PM
    Hey supposedly 21.1kHz is what dogs hear, but I'm testing it on my pup and he doesn't even blink, so none of those work. Even though I could kept hearing the sound
    Last edited by Venc; 05-01-09 at 09:45 PM.
    05-01-09 09:42 PM
    wow those ultrasonic sound things are really interesting, and the dog whistler thing is a great idea too :P
    05-01-09 09:56 PM
    or, alternatively, buy a dog whistle.
    05-02-09 04:47 AM
    If he wanted to go buy a dog whistle, I imagine the post would have read "where can I buy a dog whistle"
    05-02-09 04:20 PM
    Genius!

05-02-09 04:41 PM
    Well, given that a person would actually buy an iphone in the first place, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that someone would buy a dog whistle app...and an orange elephant repellant app (but I've never seen any orange elephants around here..AH HA! See how well it works!)

Now all they need is a "change-the-battery-yourself" app.
    I have one of those orange elephants in my front yard as we speak. Where can I locate this repellant application?

And no I have not seen or heard of a specific dog whistle app for ANY blackberry. Lets just say if that is typical of the types of apps that an Iphone supports....I will never "upgrade" ....Haha
    05-02-09 04:47 PM
    If he wanted to go buy a dog whistle, I imagine the post would have read "where can I buy a dog whistle"
    ya think?
    05-02-09 05:25 PM
    Hey supposedly 21.1kHz is what dogs hear, but I'm testing it on my pup and he doesn't even blink, so none of those work. Even though I could kept hearing the sound
    Same thing here. My dog didn't even pop up her ears. I could her up to the 16.7khz tone. My wife couldn't hear anything above 10Khz
    05-02-09 07:39 PM
    I would be interested in the same thing hehe
    07-02-09 05:42 PM
    I haven't seen any programs for a dog whistle, but here is a website with some ultrasonic ringtones that only kids are supposed to hear. They may have the same effect for dogs...

Ultrasonic Ringtones - the new ringtones that only kids can hear!
    So... dogs and kids hear the same things? That may explain a lot.

m
    07-02-09 08:15 PM
    What can your speakers accurately reproduce? Just because you can't hear some of the higher test tones doesn't mean anything if your speakers/amplifier can't process those frequencies.
    07-03-09 11:47 AM
    check out this site. i've downloaded the mp3 files but have yet to test it. gonna see if that annoying dog downstairs responds.

Download Free Dog Whistle MP3 WAV ringtones
    08-15-09 05:12 PM
    that first one 8khz about made mine and the wifes ears bleed. holy crap. my poor cat is probaly deaf now. the wife could hear all the way up to 19.9 which is kinda freaky
    08-16-09 12:49 AM
    Wow lol. I could hear it all the way to the 19. My gf couldn't hear it past the 14 lol.

08-16-09 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD