Hey people. I currently have a 8900 Curve model with a trackball that i'm going to replace tomorrow (The new ball arrives tomorrow)

im just wondering though, the trackball dosent have a firm 'click' press to it (on the hardware side of it) however im just hoping that a new trackball will fix the problem

the thing i'm worried about is, that the ball rests on is bendy like a surfboard, is it supposed to be like that to provide leeway for the trackball or is it normally set in place?

i'm hoping that despite the surfboard like feel to the circutry underneath a new ball will still fix the problem. after all, when i take the ball out and put the ball on a flat surface, theres still no 'click' feel when I press down the ball.

just wondering if the circutry is normally a bit flexible underneath the trackball for anyone who has taken them apart before? what do you guys think?

kind regards!!
    06-04-10 12:13 PM
    the "click" you get is from the circuit board, not the trackball. I have a 8830 that doesn't "click" anymore, but it still functions.
    06-05-10 02:00 PM
    My 8900 stopped clicking (took it apart one too many times). There's a metal contact "dome" underneath the trackball that's supposed to snap down, then back up. Unfortunately, a new trackball will probably not fix the problem. I haven't ordered a new one myself, but if you take out the trackball and press down on that metal contact, it should normally "click".
    06-05-10 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD