Hello Crackberrians !

Has anyone tried this app which my wife saw on another pregnancy forum site. It measure the timings and frequency of the contraction on a blackberry. Looking to buy one that works and is tested perhaps by someone here. app is called contraction calc and the webby is Contraction Calc: Blackberry Contraction Timer & Free Online Labor Counter

Do let me know as the wife is due in late december
    11-12-09 03:11 PM
    Sorry, but its pretty easy to time it with a clock and a piece of paper. That's what I did both times I was pregnant... When you are having contractions the last thing you want to do is mess with an app on your blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 03:45 PM
    Thanks jmcd1027, agree it probably is, but the wife wants a timer & log on her phone to assist her be it at the local grocers store or out for a walk ad doesnt want to faff about with paper and note it down. She would like to also add it the contractions to the baby book she is creating.

Anyway I just bought it as its only a couple of bucks direct from the contraction calc website as I could not see on App world. I'll give a review after i have installed it for her.
    11-14-09 12:56 PM
    mini review - sorry no expert.

1- Bought for $2.99 on paypal and it gave me a download link & activation code.
    2- Installed via the link and worked straight away.
    3- I entered my wife's name and due date and it then gave me a countdown.
    4- I tested the timer and it was pretty darn accurate and allowed me to add a note to say what she was doing at the time.
    5- Gave me a warning when I should call the hospital.

So now I await the real time when the contractions do start !
    She's happy with it so thats the main thing.
    11-18-09 06:42 AM
    why have a blackberry if you're just going to tote around a pen and paper all the time. i even keep my grocery lists in my notes on my bb.

thanks for the mini review. now i'm just waiting (hopefully) another three weeks to use it.
    12-21-09 10:08 PM
    lapog:

Best of luck to you and your wife.
    12-21-09 11:23 PM
    BirthBerry, a contraction timer app for the BlackBerry will time your contractions with just a click. It will calculate all the stats you need to know how labour is progressing. Plus, you can set up emails/text messages to your contacts to keep them up-to-date about your labour. And when your baby arrives, you can send a birth announcement (with picture) right from the app.
    Go to BabyBerry: BlackBerry Apps for Moms and More to buy it or see a demo.
    Last edited by Jen_BabyBerryApps; 03-16-10 at 09:47 PM.
    03-16-10 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD