Hi,

I've just got my Blackberry Bold 9700 and I'm trying to use Blackberry Maps & Appworld.

But neither of them show up in my menu, as stated everywhere on the internet.

When I check out if they're on my telephone, they're listed in applications, but I simply can't boot them.

Can anyone help?
    08-13-10 08:12 AM
    Have you tried doing a batter pull?

Helpful hint to move things out of the application(or any) folder. Move your courser over the application you wish to move. Press the menu/blackberry button and select "move to folder". Select "home" to get it in your main apps list.
    08-13-10 09:02 AM
    Have you tried doing a batter pull?

Helpful hint to move things out of the application(or any) folder. Move your courser over the application you wish to move. Press the menu/blackberry button and select "move to folder". Select "home" to get it in your main apps list.
    I don't really know what a batter pull is actually....

And I can only see the applications when I go to:

Options -> Applications -> Ad-ons

When I press the blackberry button, it just shows me a tiny horizontal menu with other apps. But there's no option to move it anywhere.
    08-13-10 01:20 PM
    Your BB data plan probably hasn't gone through yet.

If you switched from another data plan (have to call up your network to switch over to a BB one) or just got your phone fresh from a new contract, wait 48 hours and then do a battery pull.

A battery pull is when you reset the phone. Basically you can't actually turn off the 9700 from holding down red turn off button (it's stupid i know), it just puts it in sleep mode. So after you put it in sleep mode, pull the battery out and reboot it up again.

After you should get a message from Blackberry saying "blah blah your phone is now registered". Appworld, Maps etc should now be there.
    08-13-10 01:32 PM
    Your BB data plan probably hasn't gone through yet.

If you switched from another data plan (have to call up your network to switch over to a BB one) or just got your phone fresh from a new contract, wait 48 hours and then do a battery pull.

A battery pull is when you reset the phone. Basically you can't actually turn off the 9700 from holding down red turn off button (it's stupid i know), it just puts it in sleep mode. So after you put it in sleep mode, pull the battery out and reboot it up again.

After you should get a message from Blackberry saying "blah blah your phone is now registered". Appworld, Maps etc should now be there.
    No need to put it in sleep mode before removing the battery. While the device is on, pull the battery out and wait a few seconds before putting the battery back in. The device should turn on and boot up automatically once it has been reinserted.

If you are getting the horizontal menu, that means you are holding it down instead of just clicking it. Holding down the BB button brings up your "task bar" that shows the applications that are currently running.

Just to clarify, do you have a Blackberry specific data plan?
    08-13-10 02:27 PM
    Just to clarify, do you have a Blackberry specific data plan?
    Actually I haven't got that yet. The Blackberry came with my new contract, which is effective as of the 6th september. Untill that time I'm using my old simcard (from the same provider).

So that could be an explanation for the fact that I don't see it yet hehe.

I'll try the battery pull anyway.
    08-13-10 02:53 PM
    That definitely explains it. You will need a BB data plan to use app world for sure, and most likely BB maps too.
    08-13-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD