Hello all,

I am new to the site, but no stranger to blackberries, had one issued to me at my last job. I like many of you became addicted, and upon leaving this job and having to turn in my issued blackberry, I knew I had to get a blackberry and was anxiously awaiting the release of the Tour so I could upgrade.

I got mine Saturday (I know Best Buy sold it to me early, not sure how they were able to!). So far the only problem I have encountered is with the Blackberry App World. I installed in Sunday and successfully downloaded the weatherbug application. I then tried to purchase and install MileageMeter to track gas mileage. The purchase went through and I got the confirmation emails, but it wont download. Now every time I try to download any app I get an error, something to the affect of "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the world server, verify your network connection" or "make sure your device is connected to the wireless network", which it clearly is.

I rebooted several times and re-installed app world after un-installing, anyone encountering this problem? Any thoughts?
    07-14-09 01:01 PM
    App World is working on my Tour, but I haven't tried any "pay" apps. Poynt, QuickPull, some freebie web site launchers, Slacker, and a couple others.
    07-14-09 01:13 PM
    Nothing is working with app store, all kinds of errors, bad gateway 500, internal server error, can't connect. I can't even re-install it now after un-installing it again...totally lost
    07-14-09 03:20 PM
    I just did a google search because of this, My Sprint tour is sitting right next to my old Curve.

Curve has 4 bars and the Tour is on like 1 with 1x instead of EVDO...
    Was worried its a problem
    07-14-09 03:23 PM
    "HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway" The gateway received an invalid response from the server when attempting to fufill your request. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists.

This is what I am getting now when trying to download it from the application center.
    07-14-09 03:25 PM
    I just did a google search because of this, My Sprint tour is sitting right next to my old Curve.

Curve has 4 bars and the Tour is on like 1 with 1x instead of EVDO...
    Was worried its a problem
    Hmm interesting, not that you mention it I have 1X instead of 1XEV...perhaps I dont have data service in my bedroom...I do live in a somewhat rural part of NW Illinois. Though I am able to load pages on the browser, just did a google search to test it.
    07-14-09 03:29 PM
    I can't seem to get the app world to actually load on my Tour. I downloaded it fine from the app center. I can access it on my Storm. But not on my Tour. I have them side by side.
    07-14-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD