I didnt know, I could use most popular apps just using wi-fi

I wanted to share cool thing I just found. I can use almost any blackberry app using wi-fi connection. I used latest Facebook, Google Search, Pandora app on wi-fi.

All you need is a Unlocked Verizion 9650 Blackberry. and downloads apps via browser using wi-fi.

I will post video, for evidence.
    12-25-11 02:15 PM
    That is part of the benefit of having Wi-Fi, and it will help you to keep your BB data usage lower, to boot.
    12-27-11 11:36 AM
    so those won't work on any other wifi-equipped BB model???
    12-28-11 07:02 AM
    Unfortunately you cannot access App World on wifi (or any other BB specific app such as BB Weather, BB Travel, BBM, etc..)
    12-28-11 04:35 PM
    Unfortunately you cannot access App World on wifi (or any other BB specific app such as BB Weather, BB Travel, BBM, etc..)
    BBM and BB Travel work on WiFi (for example, I can turn off the radio and use those two apps just fine - no experience with BB Weather) but I think the context of qwksnke's point is that a data plan is required. Agreed!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-29-11 10:51 AM
    thats not true. I used app world on wi-fi while without having any data plan or service. or even having phone service.

here is the video [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0WRzxZn6ok&context=C3878623ADOEgsToPDskIzQbVNyjx-Qb2S3sazeDj8[/YT]

@pcgizmo I am using BB 9650 from verizon unlocked in the video. I also used BB 8900 from at&t. but does not work for BB 8320 from tmobile.

I believe as long its 8900+ series, this should work
    12-29-11 01:21 PM
    BBM and BB Travel work on WiFi (for example, I can turn off the radio and use those two apps just fine - no experience with BB Weather) but I think the context of qwksnke's point is that a data plan is required. Agreed!

thats not true. I used app world on wi-fi while without having any data plan or service. or even having phone service.

here is the video

@pcgizmo I am using BB 9650 from verizon unlocked in the video. I also used BB 8900 from at&t. but does not work for BB 8320 from tmobile.

I believe as long its 8900+ series, this should work
    Something has changed then. I just tried it with mine and everything seemed to work. When I first started traveling internationally, these particular apps would not work if I had my data turned off to avoid roaming charges
    12-30-11 09:40 AM
    =====
    <snip>
    Interesting. In the past (last check probably Sept 2011), when I turned off my phone radio, App World definitely failed with an "unable to connect" message. Now... it works! Something may have changed in the updates.

12-30-11 10:03 AM
    @QWKSNKE and @jbeachy

Yes something did change. I tried this method in the beginning of the year (2011) and it didnt work. BB required data plan or some sort of internet. based on my knowledge, since BB had a power outage and losing market to android/iphone, they now allow apps to be run on wifi...
    01-01-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD