hey people, i have a bb bold 9780 and an iphone 4 and i just got my blackberry playbook which i just love more than anything, but my issue is i cant help but notice how lame and limited the apps in the blackberry app world are, i mean i am a number 1 bb fan but to be honest the app world on the iphone is much much more interesting and has very interesting and great apps, i mean i cant download skype on my playbook while i did download it on my iphone for free and ofcourse it supports video chat, so what do u guys think? is there any other way to get better apps than the ones in the blackberry lame app worl? please let me kmow, thank u
    05-15-11 02:01 PM
    you can look in the crackberry app store / mobihand. you can also search the internet for OTA downloads from various other sources... don't be afraid to type what you are looking for into google, with the word download mixed in...
    Omar S650 likes this.
    05-15-11 03:37 PM
    what about "android apps" are they in the bb app world by default or u got to do somethin to get them?

thanks for the reply above
    05-15-11 03:40 PM
    Android apps will only work on android devices / OS's... You cannot use another OS's apps on a bb... Think of it like trying to take a ps3 disc, and playing it in an xbox... It will not work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 03:44 PM
    go to youtube and type android apps on playbook... they talked about it in the blackberry playbook launch..

tell me what u think,thanx
    05-15-11 03:52 PM
    Yes, it will likely be a possibility at some point. My apologies, I made the assumption that you were looking for apps for your 9780

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Omar S650 likes this.
    05-15-11 03:53 PM
    nah its ok thanx though i appreciate the tips, the thing is the playbook is reallllllyyyyy great but it needs more software and good apps so it can be truly unique, everyone keeps on askin me y didnt u get ipad 2 instead and when i show them wat the playbook is like they are mind blown till it comes to the apps part, but like u said at some point,,, thanx man
    05-15-11 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD