How do I check which apps are running? and I have some notifications from FriendChat on the top of my screen at home, how do I remove them?
    10-08-11 09:49 AM
    To check which apps are running, hold down your menu key (the BlackBerry button), then you'll be able to see what is running. To remove your notifications from FriendChat, just open up the app, and you should see your notifications in there. Also, to properly close most apps, you need to hit menu (BB button), then choose close. Quite a bit of the time, if you just hit the back button it "closes" the app, but really just "minimizes" it, and it is still running in the background. Good luck!
    10-08-11 11:08 AM
    To check which apps are running, hold down your menu key (the BlackBerry button), then you'll be able to see what is running. To remove your notifications from FriendChat, just open up the app, and you should see your notifications in there. Also, to properly close most apps, you need to hit menu (BB button), then choose close. Quite a bit of the time, if you just hit the back button it "closes" the app, but really just "minimizes" it, and it is still running in the background. Good luck!
    Would Alt+Esc button work to close applications?
    10-08-11 11:33 AM
    Would Alt+Esc button work to close applications?
    I don't know that trick, but you could try it, then press your BB button to see if the app is still running. Actually, I just tried it, and it just switches you between apps, kind of like pressing alt+tab on your pc. I don't know if there is a keyboard short-cut to force quit BB apps. Keep in mind, that even though you have all your apps closed there are 5 "apps" that are always listed on your BB: Browser, Home Screen, BBM, Messages, and Phone.
    Last edited by MissoulaMarinerFan; 10-08-11 at 11:53 AM.
    10-08-11 11:51 AM
    I don't know that trick, but you could try it, then press your BB button to see if the app is still running. Actually, I just tried it, and it just switches you between apps, kind of like pressing alt+tab on your pc. I don't know if there is a keyboard short-cut to force quit BB apps. Keep in mind, that even though you have all your apps closed there are 5 "apps" that are always listed on your BB: Browser, Home Screen, BBM, Messages, and Phone.
    I have a question that isn't related to this topic title but using a different theme will use more battery as there are more icons and stuff at home?
    10-08-11 12:48 PM
    I have a question that isn't related to this topic title but using a different theme will use more battery as there are more icons and stuff at home?
    More icons on home screen doesn't use more batteries, but the theme itself will. Some themes are more memory intensive than others because they have different screen transitions, etc. It just sort of depends what kind of a theme you have.
    10-08-11 12:54 PM
    If this is your first BB, I would highly recommend checking out These BlackBerry 101 Lecture Postings. Those should answer a bunch of your initial questions. Good luck!
    10-08-11 12:56 PM
    If this is your first BB, I would highly recommend checking out These BlackBerry 101 Lecture Postings. Those should answer a bunch of your initial questions. Good luck!
    Thanks for the link, I have read the information about Blackberry, few more questions I need to ask,

1. Do I let the battery die first and then charge it or charge it when it gets to a X amount of battery left?

2. Which theme uses less battery?
    10-09-11 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the link, I have read the information about Blackberry, few more questions I need to ask,

1. Do I let the battery die first and then charge it or charge it when it gets to a X amount of battery left?

2. Which theme uses less battery?
    1. Nope, just charge your battery whenever you normally charge it, for example, I plug mine into the charger every night while I'm asleep.

2. Unfortunately, it just kind of depends on the themes that you have. The themes that come pre-installed on the phone will generally be a bit better on memory usage, while user created themes/extra themes that you've downloaded may or may not use more/less battery due to the theme having some sort of memory leak. I know I've had a couple themes on my BB that just kill the battery, so my solution is deleting them, and using a different theme. You just kinda need to play around with it. Sorry I can't be more specific, but hopefully that helps.

--Side note, if you would like quicker answers to some of your questions, just send me a private message here on BB, and I'll give you my pin (or you could give me yours), and we could communicate back and forth via BB Messenger. Cheers and good luck!
    10-10-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD