I watched the video from the apple conference and I got to tell you, their apps are miles ahead of BB apps. I have a storm which has almost all of the hardware ability of the iphone except memory. OS 5.0 is lacking if it does not do something about app memory. The storm has 1 gig of internal memory. Why can't this memory be used. I love the storm for what it does, but BB won't maintain its position if it doesn't do something about this. I don't want an iphone, I want a berry with higher quality apps.
    06-08-09 11:12 PM
    I'm with you. The Iphone's apps and games are far superior to the BB Storm's. They are like Nintendo games and pretty lame. I have seen Iphone games and they are visually beautiful and awesome. I hope BB does something to compete....
    06-08-09 11:14 PM
    Sounds to me like you DO want an iPhone, and I think you should go buy one right now.
    Last edited by he11fire; 06-08-09 at 11:26 PM.
    06-08-09 11:23 PM
    That one gig of memory is for storage of data. Its not RAM used for processing. You know what that is right? Its just like a computer. Its like asking why you can't use some of your 500GB hard drive to assist your 2GB of RAM in processing duties.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 11:28 PM
    Sounds to me like you DO want an iPhone, and I think you should go buy one right now.
    Err... no. We want cool apps on a BlackBerry.
    06-08-09 11:34 PM
    Why do all constructive comments get replies with challenges to our loyalty? I want a more capable device just as everyone here does. I don't know what the problem is with memory. I run apps that are installed on my hard drive and use ram when they are running. BB uses ram for app storage and running processes. Isn't their a software solution to this? Bold and storm users would take ram any day over media storage when we can just add an sd card for that.
    Last edited by zinadork; 06-09-09 at 12:08 AM.
    06-08-09 11:52 PM
    I would hope that RIM judges its phones against the competition same as we do.
    06-08-09 11:55 PM
    well i can honestly say i have no issues with memory leaks. try deleting and reinstalling apps.
    06-09-09 12:01 AM
    You may not have leaks, but developers go out of their way to make apps tiny so that they don't kill your memory. The biggest app I've seen for BB is docs to go at 3mb. If you are a game or graphic intensive app that is a deal breaker. So, they just move to another platform without the limitations. I currently range from 25 to 33 mb free using the latest verizon build of 4.7.
    06-09-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD