I have a Blackberry curve with Sprint, not wifi enabled.

I'm looking for an app to install on the device that will scan for available wireless signals.

Not trying to connect with the phone, just want to know what signals are available, and if they are open/locked, before going through the whole process of taking out and powering laptop.

Thanks.

Ps,

Searched extensively and all I've found so for are for the iphone or for windows mobile, nothing for Blackberry yet, please help.
    10-28-09 05:35 PM
    As long as the BlackBerry is Wi-Fi enabled you can, otherwise you can't scan for Wi-Fi if it's not enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 05:38 PM
    You would need WiFi hardware in the device for an app like that to even work.

Since the 8330 doesn't have WiFi hardware, even with the app loaded, it wouldn't work.
    10-28-09 06:26 PM
    You wouldn't need an app for that anyway if you had a device that had Wi-Fi. You would just turn on your Wi-Fi, go to Set Up Wi-Fi network and then scan for networks.
    10-28-09 07:14 PM
    I have a Blackberry curve with Sprint, not wifi enabled.

I'm looking for an app to install on the device that will scan for available wireless signals.

Not trying to connect with the phone, just want to know what signals are available, and if they are open/locked, before going through the whole process of taking out and powering laptop.

Thanks.

Ps,

Searched extensively and all I've found so for are for the iphone or for windows mobile, nothing for Blackberry yet, please help.

C'mon dude....really?
    10-28-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD