FINALLY A SOLUTION!!!!!

Hi Folks,

Finally a great piece of news for all the BB lovers who were not able download apps via App World Web Store because when RIM upgraded thier App World App to v3.0 they ignored delibaretely or unknowingly a bug which gave a error message "App World Web Plugin Error " when we tried to download apps on mobile via webstore This bug require you to run Blackbery App World Application on mobile once via OTA.

You only have to access App world once via OTA and all yours sorrows wiil be over.

Regards,
    Adnan
    12-04-11 07:58 AM
    This doesn't work though for people who have no data plan or wi-fi capabilities.

From what I've read, the bug also appears to be the fact that the application installation process via the browser to your connected phone installs a buggy older version of App World (3.01 vs. 3.02+ apparently being the real updated version).

Since there's no other way of getting an updated version in such a situation you're essentially trapped. I'm amazed that RIM let such a show-stopping bug pass on an already overly complicated/layered process for non-data/non-wifi units. I and probably many others in the same boat have no definitive solution still. (it's been 3 weeks since this problem arose)

EDIT: I've done a bit more research into the issue. Seems like App World v3.0+ had problems once it adopted the ID system. It doesn't jive well with non-data/non-wifi plans on older models/OS's. RIM's current progress straight forward with no attention on the old is disconcerting...
    Last edited by chronomatic; 12-08-11 at 12:25 AM.
    12-08-11 12:07 AM
    To install a new version of App World on older OS you have to delete the installed version of App World from the phone and connect to the web store and try to install any application through the website. It will throw a error message telling you 'App World missing' and will install the latest version on the phone. After that reboot the device and follow the procedure given below:

All you have to do is access App World Application installed in your cellphone via over the air(OTA). You will require a data plan to do so. If you don't have a data plan then you have to manually enter APN address for your network in the link given below by follwing given steps:

OS 5 users:

Options---Adnavced Options---TCP/IP
    Check both APN Settings Enabled and APN Authentication Enable

OS 6 & 7 users:

Options---Device---Advanced System Settings---TCP IP
    Check both APN Settings Enabled and APN Authentication Enabled
    12-11-11 10:31 AM
    No need for that anymore, I don't have a data plan, I downloaded the new App World beta off the Blackberry Beta website, deleted Blackberry Id before installing it, got my keycode in and App World works via Wifi, no more problems
    12-11-11 12:17 PM
    thank u so much u have no idea how many days and nights we were trying to figure out this app world plug in error and i kept cursing myself for buying a blackberry!
    04-21-12 02:33 PM
    does the old 2.x version of appworld still work? Most of the improvements look like eyecandy, nothings changed behind the scenes.
    04-21-12 05:29 PM
    i cant get out of this problm since a month
    10-07-14 09:31 AM
    i am facing with so many problms with my blackberry curve 9320 ..plz help me anyone
    10-07-14 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD