04-21-10 09:53 AM
80 1234
tools
    I've considered the same thing. My question is though, what would happen to the apps that I've gotten through App World? Would I still be able to use them? I have BBM, Free Tips, Google Search, Shazam and World Mate Live.
    They would remain installed & you would still be able to use them. I've installed appworld just to install an app i wanted then deleted appworld before & the app is still useable afterwards.
    03-09-10 09:43 AM
    I DL'd without issue from the free apps list in App World. See no major upgrades and not really expecting to see any. This way I'm not disappointed.
    03-09-10 09:46 AM
    They would remain installed & you would still be able to use them. I've installed appworld just to install an app i wanted then deleted appworld before & the app is still useable afterwards.
    That is good to know. App World is no longer on my BB.
    03-09-10 09:55 AM
    This blows. It "lost" any archived apps I had and doesn't recognize the apps I had already downloaded other than Facebook. The paid apps came back when I entered my PayPal info but I still had to re-download them. The free apps I guess I'll just have to redownload too.
    open app world and type alt RST
    03-09-10 09:59 AM
    For anyone (like me) that doesn't see the new version within App World:

New Appworld
    03-09-10 10:16 AM
    oh yea the stuff ive downloaded before are gone but everything is fine its jus sucks when i redownload and have to reboot my phone it already take long enough for the phone to come to the main screen
    03-09-10 10:16 AM
    Also, I thought that my phone locked up when I tried to open App World after reboot. Just give it a minute. For some reason, it just took a while. Everything seems to be working fine right now.
    03-09-10 10:19 AM
    Unfortunately BB App. world is still not available in my country,despite the fact that all carriers here,offer Blackberry phones for a year now...
    Of course no official new OS s,other apps,or whatever...so,am still waiting for that miracle day to happen`...in regards with BB app.W at least!!
    bla!
    03-09-10 10:20 AM
    Does it fix the problem with reading reviews after upgrading a 9700 to 5.0.0.536?

ugh iHate tht friggin pop up error it erks the living crap outta me iHope it fixes tht bc i jus be lookin at app or games ant tht will pop up and it freezes my phone up and i have to do a battery pull on my phone
    03-09-10 10:20 AM
    open app world and type alt RST
    How do I do that on a Storm?
    03-09-10 10:28 AM
    Looks like it cleaned up some of my uninstalled apps. I'm glad since I gained about 6MB of application memory. Every bit helps!!
    03-09-10 10:29 AM
    All I see in BB App World is version 1.1.0.24. Thats the same version I have already. Am I mising something???
    Just download it anyway. I don't think BB updated the version of this in app world. That's what it showed when I went to download it, but then I got the replacement screen asking if I wanted to replace .24 with the newer version.
    03-09-10 10:56 AM
    downloaded it, nothing special, prolly faster load time.

anyone else notice any changes?
    03-09-10 10:57 AM
    Archived apps went away on my end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 11:03 AM
    I'm using an 8530 but the new version locked me up the first time I tried to use it. Battery pull and started again... Locked up. Battery pull again and its working fine. Hope this might help some others.

03-09-10 11:22 AM
    Locked up my Storm 2......Twice.
    03-09-10 11:25 AM
    Appworld is a huge memory consumer in my experience. How's the new version?
    03-09-10 11:54 AM
    Okay, How's the new version besides all the lock ups? Haha
    03-09-10 11:54 AM
    All I see in BB App World is version 1.1.0.24. Thats the same version I have already. Am I mising something???
    Go to your browser, from the cache operations clean the "pushed content" and retry.

For those who can not open "Top Free" go to Categories-Shopping-Shopping Tools, you will be able to see new version.
    03-09-10 12:04 PM
    Go to your browser, from the cache operations clean the "pushed content" and retry.

For those who can not open "Top Free" go to Categories-Shopping-Shopping Tools, you will be able to see new version.
    Thsi doesn't work....still showing the currently installed version.
    03-09-10 12:11 PM
    Mine is NOT showing apps I've downloaded from other sources, only app world apps.
    03-09-10 12:31 PM
    Useless update on the whole!
    03-09-10 12:40 PM
    Man, people really like to *****. If you don't like App World so much, why bother downloading it?

For me, this is the fastest App World has ever been.

03-09-10 01:12 PM
    I've downloaded the upgrade. Everything goes well but when I try to read a review, I get this error:

"There was a problem reading data from the server and BlackBerry App World mus exit. Error type: 100002."

Batterypulls are not working. Does anybody have the same issue?

*edit: problem solved! It was the freakin WiFi.
    Hey, I'm having this issue... what do you mean it was the WiFi? How'd you solve it?
    03-09-10 01:20 PM
    While upgrading App World, I forgot I had still my WiFi turned on. After turning it off the problem was solved.
    Haha. Thanks, you're right! Turning off WiFi eliminates the error. It's still a bug though in my opinion. Why would this not work over WiFi?
    03-09-10 01:39 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD