BB 9700 here no problems here just D/L the new app world, I see others are having trouble maybe it's just the older BB hmmmm.
    03-09-10 04:21 PM
    oopps oh yes and my wifi is on with np.
    03-09-10 04:23 PM
    oopps oh yes and my wifi is on with np.
    What OS are you running on your 9700? It only became a problem for me when I upgraded to 5.0.0.536.
    03-09-10 05:13 PM
    hey can some body help me with my boostberry im trying to get bb appworld and my yahoo email on my curve 8350i
    03-09-10 05:34 PM
    This update was kinda pushed to me. I got a message in my messages folder about an update to app world and clicking on it proceeded to update the app. No problems though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 05:41 PM
    I deleted app world because I kept getting an error message everytime it tried to connect to my PayPal account. Anyone having this problem with the new one?
    03-09-10 05:58 PM
    you download the new version of appworld from within appworld itself or go to blackberry.com/appworld from your phone
    thank for the link
    03-09-10 06:03 PM
    I went to upgrade my appworld and my phone just kept continuously rebooting. I had to reload my OS again, did this happen to anybody else?

03-09-10 06:26 PM
    thank for the link
    no problem
    03-09-10 07:42 PM
    It looks like the disappearing App World icon problem has been fixed. It is no longer necessary to delete apps through App World; you can remove from Menu> Delete. Can anyone else confirm this?
    Last edited by 360Challenge; 03-09-10 at 08:30 PM.
    03-09-10 08:10 PM
    I noticed when I opened the update after installing that WeatherBug has a new update. Man, is it sweet! Everything loads so much faster, looks slicker, and contains much more information. I haven't fully explored the new App World to see what else is different/new/updated but I'm looking forward to it!
    03-09-10 08:27 PM
    This blows. It "lost" any archived apps I had and doesn't recognize the apps I had already downloaded other than Facebook. The paid apps came back when I entered my PayPal info but I still had to re-download them. The free apps I guess I'll just have to redownload too.
    I like it, it got rid of all those useless archived apps that you can't delete...freed up about 15 MBs of memory.
    03-09-10 09:43 PM
    I can confirm it seems to have freed up space on the device memory.

When I loaded this onto my Storm 9530 I was running at about 10 MB of RAM... reboot finished after the update installed... opened app world, it froze my device for a moment or two, but patience is a virtue of mine and it finally unfroze. Looked through it, didn't see too much change... except it was definitely running a lot faster. Looked at my phone's memory afterwards, I'm up to 62 MB of RAM. I like this new version... so far.

Edit: ok now it's down to 14 MB again... maybe something else happened for a moment or two there.
    Last edited by jonno_atamaniuk; 03-09-10 at 11:34 PM. Reason: update
    03-09-10 11:32 PM
    It now automatically lists all the apps on my phone in the "My World" section and it freed up 23mb of app space! Wow!
    03-10-10 01:36 AM
    Piece of crap locks my phone up even after battery pulls. I'm not diggin' my blackberry much anymore. How many battery pulls do you have to do on a Iphone or android?
    03-10-10 09:36 AM
    Can someone extract the new version of the app world for 9700 OS5 and upload it to the web for OTA install or for DM Install.

App world is not supported in my country, even tough the carriers have been selling blackberries for the last what 3+ years.
    03-10-10 10:23 AM
    Can someone extract the new version of the app world for 9700 OS5 and upload it to the web for OTA install or for DM Install.

App world is not supported in my country, even tough the carriers have been selling blackberries for the last what 3+ years.
    03-10-10 10:30 AM
    I really don't understand how this new App world can free up 15-20MB of memory. I am going to go out on a limb and say you didn't properly delete your Apps or didn't FULLY delete them. You CAN delete archived Apps.

I download and delete Apps from App World every now and then. I had zero change in memory with this new version.
    03-10-10 11:53 AM
    When i first downloaded it to my storm 1, it said that i had 60 mb of memory. i got exited and thought that maybe it boosted my memory but it soon went back down ot 20 mb
    03-10-10 04:21 PM
    As soon as I clicked on the BB app world icon, I received the update message. Took a couple of minutes to install and reboot. No problem afterward. I too noticed I have more free mb then before.
    03-11-10 09:05 AM
    Guys, please don't be fools and think this app, which is .4MB bigger than the previous version, is going to increase your memory by 40MB. That's just wishful thinking. Realize that memory readers like MeterBerry or even the built in memory reader can be inaccurate for a moment or two...

I have a question though. How do you set what payment method you use from your paypal account? I haven't bought anything from appworld in a while, but was finally thinking of doing so again. When you go through the process does it allow you to select the payment type? Ie paypal balance, a specific credit card or bank account, etc?
    Last edited by Strakerc; 03-11-10 at 09:51 AM.
    03-11-10 09:47 AM
    For anyone (like me) that doesn't see the new version within App World:

New Appworld
    thanx for the link! Just installed w/out any issue at all. Faster, more info etc.

03-11-10 10:08 AM
    has anyone else noticed their batteries draining out pretty fast after installing this update? I charged my phone overnight and im already at like 30% in 8 hours...i havent talked on the phone, browsed or anything!
    03-11-10 11:00 AM
    After updating app world all my archived apps disappeared, when I try to log in to my paypal acct I get the message unable to authenticate user at this time, try again later. Some of my archived apps were paid, :-(. If I don't get my apps back I will be deleting app world. I'm sticking to crackberry!
    03-11-10 06:12 PM
    I deleted app world because I kept getting an error message everytime it tried to connect to my PayPal account. Anyone having this problem with the new one?
    I get the same message. Also an "Unknown Error" message. This is upsetting me because App World is the only place I can get MLB At Bat 2010. I would never use it and delete it if I could just buy that one app!
    03-12-10 02:43 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD