just updated to version 2.1.1.2 last night and now I can't go to app world via the icon on my home wireless only when my 3g is connected. Anyone have a solution.
    05-12-11 01:13 PM
    BTW it comes up with "you do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off". My wireless is at full strength, connected and I can link and surf all other apps and internet but not app world. Weird. Help this is gettin at me.
    05-12-11 02:03 PM
    noone ever had this problem?
    05-12-11 09:22 PM
    maybe you can roll back app world...
    05-12-11 10:26 PM
    Sounds like a bad wifi connection... Try restarting your modem/router, and your blackberry (battery pull). If it works over 3g than it's probablly not an issue with the app itself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 10:45 PM
    I know that the 3.0 is starting to leak. I cant wait for that to come out!
    05-12-11 10:45 PM
    Blackberry APP World requires a mobile connection through the carrier to initialize. I think it has something to do with determining your location.
    05-12-11 11:01 PM
    So does that mean no data transfer free over wifi since the carrier has to be on. Its funny cause when we bought the phones last week it would work on wifi until the upgrade for app world.
    05-13-11 10:43 AM
    BTW it comes up with "you do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off". My wireless is at full strength, connected and I can link and surf all other apps and internet but not app world. Weird. Help this is gettin at me.
    First did you do a battery pull after the upgrade? Usually the phone reboots after but sometimes a batt pull is necessary. Turn off wi-fi and check your "service status" , make sure BIS is enabled on 3G. It should read connection "mobile network" for 3G. Then turn on your wi-fi and make sure BIS is good when connected to wi-fi. It should read connection Wi-Fi. Basically you want to be sure that you always have a BIS connection that switches back and forth between 3G and wi-fi automatically. If not, you have a problemm

I upgraded to the same version and have no problems. I'm running OS build .448 Were you on 3G or wi-fi when you did the OTA upgrade? That might have something to do with it, not sure though. I always do my OTA updates at home when connected to my router.

Have you checked the apps permissions to see if something changed during the update? Go to Options / device / application management / and find App World 2.1.1.2. Highlight it, hit BB menu and select "edit default permissions". Mine reads as follows;

connections - custom
    interactions - custom
    user data - allow

See what yours is set to and post back.

It's possible that something went wrong with the upgrade. You might possibly have to run the update again.
    Last edited by cwmont; 05-13-11 at 11:28 PM.
    05-13-11 11:22 PM
    Your data connection to your carrier's cell network must be active for AppWorld to work properly. If you are also connected via your WiFi network, any downloads you start will use the Wifi and not your data plan (provided your connection settings are set to WiFi Preferred). Turn the cell receiver off, and AppWorld will cease to function.
    Last edited by dochouse7; 05-13-11 at 11:38 PM.
    05-13-11 11:32 PM
    I downloaded the same new update and Im not seeing an icon on my homescreen re app world...UTTER FRUSTRATION!!!!
    05-15-11 01:21 PM
    Hellllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppp~~~~
    05-15-11 01:22 PM
    Delete AppWorld and redownload from the website. The leak is working for me, but it looks a bit different (like it's designed for non-touchscreen devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD