I recently downloaded a weather app onto my phone, i decided i no longer wanted it and tried to delete. I went to delete and was warned if i wanted the app back i would have to re-download. However after restarting the phone to complete the delete, i found that the phone was still on the "my world" section of BlackBerry App World. It reads uninstalled uneder it now. Is there a way to completley rid of this app? Or is "my world" just programed to save all of your past apps just in case you want to use them again? Your help is appreciated greatly.
    08-18-09 05:11 PM
    I recently downloaded a weather app onto my phone, i decided i no longer wanted it and tried to delete. I went to delete and was warned if i wanted the app back i would have to re-download. However after restarting the phone to complete the delete, i found that the phone was still on the "my world" section of BlackBerry App World. It reads uninstalled uneder it now. Is there a way to completley rid of this app? Or is "my world" just programed to save all of your past apps just in case you want to use them again? Your help is appreciated greatly.
    It does save it for future install. I dont know if it can be completely removed but my advice would be to remove app world completely. It is a memory hog, and apps are always gonna be more expensive. I would suggest using the CB app store instead if you must have an app center on your device.
    08-18-09 05:16 PM
    I've done that previously as well and the app has showed as uninstalled.

I've checked under applications and there's no mention of it and no sign of it in service books either so I guess it's just a log in my app world.

Mine did clear when I changed to .282 but installing/re-installing as OS is a bit drastic perhaps just to remove an app showing in app world!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 05:16 PM
    Thank you both very much for your help! I will def. look into CB apps
    08-18-09 05:36 PM
    Thank you both very much for your help! I will def. look into CB apps
    No worries!
    08-18-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD