i just updated blackberry app world on my 8350i and now all i get is an hourglass for like 15 mins and then it says uncaught exception java.lang out of memory error. i tried uninstalling it reinstalling it battery pulls etc same thing. can i get the old version back or restore it from another bb without wiping the whole thing clean or is there a clean uninstall i can do? i have a lot of third party apps that i dont wanna have to re register or purchase.
    11-27-09 08:42 PM
    I have the same problem on my 8330 curve... Any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 10:38 AM
    It takes a LOOOONG while to install due to the curve's low amount of ram.
    I had the same problem upgrading two curves to ver 5.0 and it took each at least 20 minutes to install after a battery pull.

Once you get to the 15 minute mark do an "alt+bkspc" to open the application switcher. Hold the "alt" button down scroll over to the homescreen icon and click on it.
    When you are back at the homescreen you should see the "APP WORLD EULA" screen and then scroll down down down down down to the bottom and hit accept.

Once It loads I would recommend a reboot/battery pull to refresh your memory, then you can go back in and work in app world.

=]
    Dm
    12-07-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD