As expected, the BlackBerry App World has just launched for US, Canada and the UK. If your software's updated to 4.2 and you've got a trackball / touch screen and PayPal account, head on over to RIM's website to download. Tell us, is it everything you thought it would be?
    BlackBerry App World now live
    04-01-09 04:59 AM
    better selection than I thought there would be for launch
    VERY few free items so far, so we'll wait and see what comes up in time.
    I saw some items on there as much as 99 bucks
    For a mobile app?!??!

a bit laggy scrolling on the storm (you're shocked, I can tell.. )
    04-01-09 05:45 AM
    i agree bit laggy pics dont showq right away and basically not that many free apps......bummer still cool to have though
    04-01-09 06:34 AM
    So you can only browse from your phone? That ain't cool, I only have 15 apps to view so far, when I click on categories or top downloads it just says "loading", so far i'm I did the ota load so maybe the pc way allows you to browse on the desktop also.
    04-01-09 06:55 AM
    I am waiting for Vopium, make free calls through my BB Curve
    04-01-09 08:05 AM
    So you can only browse from your phone? That ain't cool, I only have 15 apps to view so far, when I click on categories or top downloads it just says "loading", so far i'm I did the ota load so maybe the pc way allows you to browse on the desktop also.
    App world is lame.
    04-01-09 08:06 AM
    No AppWorld for Pearl user. That's a bummer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 08:32 AM
    I'm beginning to think App world is just a cruel April fools joke.

When I try to download from my phone, it just keeps saying "waiting...." then times out. If I try to download from PC (using IE of course, bastards) it refuses to connect to my blackberry and just keeps asking for my password....
    04-01-09 09:10 AM
    I'm beginning to think App world is just a cruel April fools joke.

When I try to download from my phone, it just keeps saying "waiting...." then times out. If I try to download from PC (using IE of course, bastards) it refuses to connect to my blackberry and just keeps asking for my password....
    Same issue here. Just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.

Guess the servers are being over taxed.
    04-01-09 09:20 AM
    Works fine for me, and there are lots of apps. Could be because I have a Bold.

The only thing that doesn't work is Shazam for some reason.
    04-01-09 09:33 AM
    So you can only browse from your phone?
    Is that correct? I did the OTA download, but now am at my laptop and can not get to App World. Can you not view / download from a PC??? If not, I don't like that.

Other than that, however, I have downloaded two apps and both went quickly with no real waiting time.
    Last edited by chie96; 04-01-09 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-01-09 10:15 AM
    Works fine for me, and there are lots of apps. Could be because I have a Bold.

The only thing that doesn't work is Shazam for some reason.
    Both the BB App World and Shazam are working fine on my 8330.
    04-01-09 12:05 PM
    Does anyone know how to synchronize previously installed apps with AppWorld, or do I have to go through each one manually and add/reinstall them?
    04-01-09 12:12 PM
    a lot of good apps...more then i thought they would have...great selection of apps
    04-01-09 03:22 PM
    I have Aerize Card Loader, which allows me to load/unload applications to my micro sd, it is a great space saver. But App World doesn't allow me to load the apps to the card so I can't utilize this application?

I have looked for a specific line to App World support and haven't found one, anyone know where it is or their address or better still how to download the apps to the card and phone????????
    04-01-09 03:39 PM
    The only problem I have with App World is that on my storm I am unable to move the icon from my downloads folder to my home screen! Now I have to scroll down and click a few more things... darnit!

EDIT: Now that I have said it, it lets me move it. Cool! Maybe if I complain about the OS, it will give me a new OS too!
    04-01-09 03:48 PM
    First of all it says my device is not compatible although I have a Curve 8900, which is a new device to RIM, well fairly new to US and very new to the UK and I am using Orange UK which is huge over here, albeit not as huge as T-Mo. I finally managed to get the download to work, it took ages to download and just as the download was almost finished it tells me it has "timed out" - What the hell?

I don't get it, how can I download something that keeps timing out, how can I fix this. Any help would be great. I have heard that the App World is a pile of dog's sacks but I would like to try it out for myself, I want to see just how much it lacks free apps.

So com'on everyone, help a follow CrackAddict out
    04-01-09 03:49 PM
    Its pretty cool but no Facebook v2 yet.

Weaksauce.
    04-01-09 03:49 PM
    I can't even get the website loaded. I went to the blog and tried both links and both links said the site was unavailable.
    04-01-09 05:28 PM
    Is it just me or is it really hard to read in App World? The background is dark blue adn the text is black making it virtually impossible to read unless I highlight...is this happening to everyone?
    04-01-09 06:44 PM
    No AppWorld for Pearl user. That's a bummer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Working fine on my 8130...

Except for the fact I have it stuffed full of crap and don't have room to DL anything.
    04-01-09 07:05 PM
    pretty sweet so far.. it will grow and be even better
    04-01-09 07:57 PM
    Has anyone been able to purchase/download yet? I've been trying all day and each time I get a message that Blackberry is having connection problems with App World and to verify the network is available? Of course there is nothing wrong with the network. All other phone functions work correctly. I'm using the Storm 9530. I also already have a Paypal account.
    04-01-09 07:58 PM
    i actually like it very good selection
    04-01-09 08:01 PM
    Worked well for me and my 8310. Might be a popularity and bandwidth issue. I took it off, though, because, with Texas Hold 'Em 2, World Mate Live and Google Maps, I simply don't have enough memory. HINT: RIM, if you would allow us to download them to our SD card, that would be MOST helpful (and profitable to you).
    04-01-09 08:16 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD