I upgraded from a 9800 to a 9810 and I used the Blackberry Desktop to move the apps over. Now when I log on to App World in my PC with the phone connected it shows all the applications as uninstalled. Is there ant way to have App World recognize what applications are installed in the phone and move them to installed, or even do it manually?

I know that I could re-install them from App World, but the phone is working fine and I am a firm believer that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" so I am afraid that downloading all the apps again will break something.

Thanks
    05-23-12 02:37 PM
    Andy, if it didn't move them over then once in AppWorld/MyWorld, you will have to reinstall them. Do a couple of reboots first (battery pulls) to see if that moves them over. Sometimes it takes rebooting to move them back. If not, other than a little time, reinstalling them from the "Uninstalled" folder gives you the opportunity to pick and choose which ones you actually used on your 9800.
    Lastly, remember that the apps you have in your "MyWorld" folders may not be compatible with the 9810 and you will never be able to move them over. There are quite a few that are not compatible with 9810 that worked fine on the 9800.
    05-23-12 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD