Hello, I searched for the answer for this but couldn't find one.

When I use my Blackberry App World and search for apps, they show up as some other currency than the US dollar. What is up with that?

I uninstalled it and reinstalled and selected English but it still seems to be have a currency that looks like a backwords 3 ????

Help! Please.....
    10-09-09 10:46 PM
    That's probably the Euro. This has been discussed a lot on here. There are multiple threads on this.

Some have suggested various solutions. Hit MENU and Log In. (You might have to be in My World.) You're logging in to your PayPal account here, so this is moot if you don't have one.
    Others have suggested starting to make a purchase then canceling. I don't know if that still works without a PP account.
    Making a purchase definitely changes it over.

Also, what version App World are you running?
    1.1.0.19 was released last week, and seems to be the source of these problems.

Version 1.1.0.20 just came out yesterday, and I believe it fixes it. So if you don't have that version, try updating first before my other suggestions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 06:16 AM
    Yes to what Elite1 said...... Latest version 1.1.0.20 fixed the currency issue for me.

10-10-09 07:15 AM
    This happend to me and the only thing that worked was to start a purchase (you'll need to have a paypal account set up). After you sign in, it'll prompt you about the currency and you can change it back to US currency. It'll then take you to the payment screen but you can cancel out without making the purchase.
    10-10-09 08:36 AM
    Yes, I have heard that too, the new version will fix this.
    10-10-09 08:40 AM
    That's probably the Euro. This has been discussed a lot on here. There are multiple threads on this.

Some have suggested various solutions. Hit MENU and Log In. (You might have to be in My World.) You're logging in to your PayPal account here, so this is moot if you don't have one.
    Others have suggested starting to make a purchase then canceling. I don't know if that still works without a PP account.
    Making a purchase definitely changes it over.

Also, what version App World are you running?
    1.1.0.19 was released last week, and seems to be the source of these problems.

Version 1.1.0.20 just came out yesterday, and I believe it fixes it. So if you don't have that version, try updating first before my other suggestions.

I tried the Menu and Log In to Paypal. That didn't work. I attempted to purchase an item and logged into Paypal and it brought up a prompt: "Your default currency has been changed to USD. All prices in the store will now be shown in USD." Yippee!!

I was running 1.1.0.19. I will upgrade this to the latest version.

Thanks,

Brandon
    10-12-09 10:34 AM
    the upgrade to .20 fixed the currency issue for me too.
    10-12-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD