Recently I have had alot of issues regarding the BlackBerry App World. For the longest time when you go the My World portion, a list of all the applications that I have downloaded (some free and some paid) would be present. This is good, because when an upgrade is available, all you have to do is go to it, and click upgrade.

Then one day I noticed that one of my paid applications (Canadian Press Mobile) was no longer in my list of downloaded apps in My World, and it it had a ready upgrade that I wanted. I contacted the support people from Canadian Mobile Press, and the solution they gave me was:
    -While in My World, press menu key, and select Log In
    -Once logged in, it should automatically reconcile any applications that you have purchased back to your list in My World.

Guess what, I did that, and it gives me a message saying that there are no applications associated with this account. WHAT!!! In order for me to get the upgrade, I had to re-purchase it. I have asked for a refund and they have not yet responded.

Today, I have now noticed practically all of the applications I have downloaded from them are missing from my list in My World (Viigo, Quick Launch Pro, Weather Eye, Poynt, etc.). I tried re-logging back in to My World through PayPal, and it still gives me the same message as before. So for to upgrade some of my paid apps, I am going to have to re-download it and quite possibly pay for it. There is now way to contact a support team for BlackBerry App World either through the blackberry.com website or through the application.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so did you or how did you resolve this problem. I am steaming about this, because they are ripping me off for money I have already paid for an application!!!

Please help me!!!!
    07-07-09 09:31 PM
    Try uninstalling then reinstalling app world.

Next step is to never download anything from app world again. I get everything from the CrackBerry App Store or directly from the developer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jfb336; 07-07-09 at 09:43 PM.
    07-07-09 09:38 PM

Next step is to never download anything from app world again. I get everything from the CrackBerry App Store or directly from the developer.

+1 lose app world, viigo, weatherbug.
    07-07-09 10:05 PM
    I gained back 1.8MB of memory by deleting App World.
    07-08-09 12:36 AM
    I have noticed the same issue. All of my apps are gone. Clearly, someone at RIM decided to "upgrade" AppWorld and in the process ensured that Apps that were once free, are no longer.
    07-08-09 12:38 AM
    just download then from crackberry appstore works a lot better
    07-08-09 12:53 AM

Thank you very much for this tip. It worked flawlessly, and they are all back on my list. I will ddefinitely stick with Crackberry App Store as my go to place for applications.

One frustrating thing though is that BB App World offers now way to send feedback if you experience bugs like some of the rest of us have. And, I also noticed a huge increase in memory when deleted it as well. I will definitely be looking into deleting it with future OS updates.
    07-08-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD