FYI

Just purchased the Storm II last night and have been trying to install BB App World since. I get the download and everytime I log in I get "Cannot connect to the Blackberry App World Server." I tried contacting PayPal first as it seemed it might be an issue with them. It was not. I called BB Tech Support just now and they said that BB App World is down for "new" devices only. They did not have an ETRO (Estimated Time Return to Operations)
    04-15-10 08:12 PM
    Consider yourself lucky. Stick with the app store here. It's much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 08:25 PM
    App world has been working a lot better on my storm 2 than it did on 1 no issues like memory bleeding.

04-15-10 08:30 PM
    Earlier this evening I had issues with it. A restart solved the issue.
    04-15-10 08:36 PM
    Just want to use the apps that I can convert to Storm 2 without paying again. I do puchase apps here and it is great.

Thanks.
    04-15-10 09:14 PM
    I had to totally wipe my Storm2 this eve and reload official Verizon OS - now app world won't connect - is this a app world problem? or a storm 2 problem? i just wanna put the apps back on it i have already bought ( i know, i should backup more often). I have deleted and resinstalled it, did a battery pull, deleted service books, etc everything i can find/think of to do. any ideas?
    04-15-10 10:36 PM
    I don't have a Storm, but have been having the same problem the past 2 days.

04-15-10 11:23 PM
    They both are working fine on this end.
    04-15-10 11:28 PM
    I've been having the same problem. S2 running .612 over .607 radio. It connects and I can sign in, but when it tries to load up my apps, it says it can't connect. Several battery pulls have not fixed it yet.

I hate app world, but I bought QuickLaunch there before I knew any better, so I have to keep it around just to keep QL updated.

04-16-10 12:12 AM
    I've been having the same problem. S2 running .612 over .607 radio. It connects and I can sign in, but when it tries to load up my apps, it says it can't connect. Several battery pulls have not fixed it yet.

I hate app world, but I bought QuickLaunch there before I knew any better, so I have to keep it around just to keep QL updated.

I am having the same exact problem. I actually downgraded to .451 and using tanks Act2 last night. I had the best battery performance from that combo. I think I will just use crackberry app store from now on. I have never had issues with it.

04-16-10 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD