Check out this article from BussinessWeek posted online March 25th...

The Apps Battle Heats Up - BusinessWeek
    03-25-09 11:24 PM
    Yep, all kinds of folks talking about it on the other threads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 11:33 PM
    cant wait!
    03-25-09 11:42 PM
    Atleast its not another software thread

03-25-09 11:43 PM
    Good move for RIM, this could be huge
    03-25-09 11:43 PM
    Yeah it will be interesting to check out for sure!
    03-25-09 11:44 PM
    Anyone think that it will have a YouTube App? That will make all the videos to run perfect right? And if it is there how much will it cost or will it be free? I'm really excited for this!!!

03-25-09 11:49 PM
    thanks for posting...
    03-26-09 12:13 AM
    I'm looking forward to the BB app store

03-26-09 12:16 AM
    Should be sweet, get your credit cards ready!
    03-26-09 12:25 AM
    I can't wait until everybody gets a big "April Fools!" message when trying to get App World to work.

Soonest we'll see it is April 25th. Bank on it.
    03-26-09 12:41 AM
    So am I missing something with all this excitement? Isn't this app store gonna be just like the Crackberry software store and stores like Handango, except it will be setup/organized by RIM? If so it won't be anything new really. Or what details have I missed about the "App World" lol?
    03-26-09 12:45 AM
    So am I missing something with all this excitement? Isn't this app store gonna be just like the Crackberry software store and stores like Handango, except it will be setup/organized by RIM? If so it won't be anything new really. Or what details have I missed about the "App World" lol?
    Good point.

Won't know til it is up there I guess.

03-26-09 12:49 AM
    I can't wait until everybody gets a big "April Fools!" message when trying to get App World to work.

Good one, probably true.
    03-26-09 08:10 AM
    Not excited yet, hopefully like apple app store
    03-26-09 08:24 AM
    I love this line!

"Nokia, RIM, and others sell more phones than Apple. But Apple has leapt out to an early lead in transforming the mobile phone into a sophisticated computing device onto which people load their favorite software."

I thought a sophisticated computing device would copy/paste and switch between apps and sharing info between those apps....otherwises, its just a cool gadget you can use as a table leveler! (thats a cool app..lol)
    03-26-09 09:15 AM

basically they will have the same app almost but hopefully it also will include an alert for updates of an app.
    03-26-09 09:40 AM
    This is just a guess on my part but the Crackberry software store and Handango just organize apps and provide a link to download the software. My guess is Appworld will actually allow you to download the software without using the browser and install with just pressing one button, instead of just linking a bunch of stuff together.

But like I said this is just a guess...
    03-26-09 09:56 AM
    Yea, this isn't an April Fools joke waiting to happen....
    03-26-09 10:00 AM

awww I hope not!
    03-26-09 10:21 AM
    I highly doubt it's going to happen April 1.
    Believe me, I want to be wrong but I have a gut feeling there's going to be disappointment next week
    03-26-09 10:45 AM
    this is going to be interesting....very very interesting lol
    03-26-09 10:51 AM
    looking forward to this, if its actually going to happen haha :0
    03-26-09 10:55 AM
    Old news I know but just found this on Twitter,
    BlackBerry App World to launch April 1, says BusinessWeek: Mark your calendars, BlackBerry fans: BusinessWeek s.. BlackBerry App World to launch April 1, says BusinessWeek

03-26-09 01:52 PM
    April fools

03-26-09 02:11 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD