Everytime I get an update from Blackberry App World, whether its the actual software upgrade itself or an application upgrade I get the icon alerting me that its available (like a new text message but the app world icon with a red star) at the top of my tour. When I upgrade whatever it is, the icon NEVER GOES AWAY!! The only way it goes away is if I delete Blackberry App World all together and then download it again, but then once I get another upgrade, it does the same thing. Is anyone else having this problem!? HELP!
    08-11-09 08:05 PM
    Experiencing the same problem here... Kind of frustrating...

Would love to find an answer as well...
    08-11-09 08:10 PM
    I had a problem where it wouldn't go away as well. I had to download the updates, then go back in and click on the program again and just "view" them. After that a batterypull or similar reset removed them from my Tour.

See if going back and viewing the app again and then a reset helps your icons go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 08:14 PM
    Glad I'm not alone - I have this too.. its been up since I installed the lastest App World, .115 or whatever it is..
    08-11-09 08:23 PM
    I had it until I did a battery pull, then it went away.

08-11-09 08:25 PM
    I just got done doing a battery pull and its still there. its about the most frustrating thing ever!
    08-11-09 08:34 PM
    They actually show up in my messages folder. I opened one and it froze my phone so I pulled the battery. Don't honestly know which one cleared it. The messages are now gone, so I'm a bit confused. So long as they're not sitting up there it's all good.
    08-11-09 08:38 PM
    Boy, I wish having an icon on my phone that won't go away would be the most frustrating thing for me.
    08-11-09 08:47 PM
    its called exaggeration. thanks.

thanks everyone for your help. nothing worked so i just deleted it and redownloaded it. ill just have to deal.
    08-11-09 08:50 PM
    its called exaggeration. thanks.

thanks everyone for your help. nothing worked so i just deleted it and redownloaded it. ill just have to deal.
    I did a back up, then wipe and it's finally gone. It was like a splinter to see it up there
    08-11-09 09:14 PM
    Go into your messages folder and delete it from there. It will remove that notification.

08-11-09 09:25 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! deleting it from my message folder worked!! i always forget about that folder just because I dont use it. Thank so much for your help!!!
    08-16-09 03:41 PM
    Go into your messages folder and delete it from there. It will remove that notification.

Thank you! It worked for me too! I finally got rid of that thing. Thanks guys.
    08-23-09 01:49 PM
    its been driving me insane, i tried everything but go to the messages folder, when i went there it finally went away, so much happier now that its gone
    08-25-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD