I deleted some apps I downloaded on the blackberry app world but their only showing uninstalled not deleted and the memory bar isn't showing any increase. Is there anything I can do to permantly delete them and help increase my memory? Also its showing I hav 80mb, is that good or bad and how low b4 it starts affecting my phone performance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 01:45 AM
    You have a long way to go before you need to worry about low memory problems. When you downloaded the apps, a shortcut is often left to allow a reload of the app in the future. Did you reboot your Tour after you deleted the apps? That would probably show some increase in memory, but rest assured, you're not in danger of losing performance any time soon.

03-26-10 01:58 AM
    80MB is plenty. The Tour has never given me problems in running out of onboard storage.
    03-26-10 02:57 AM
    I deleted some apps I downloaded on the blackberry app world but their only showing uninstalled not deleted and the memory bar isn't showing any increase. Is there anything I can do to permantly delete them and help increase my memory? Also its showing I hav 80mb, is that good or bad and how low b4 it starts affecting my phone performance?

Appworld > my world > press and hold alt and type RST . It will reset appworld and remove your uninstalled apps.

03-26-10 05:15 AM
    I rebooted the phone and all the shortcuts are removed but in the app world history they still appear as uninstalled apps and the memory bar doesn't go up.

03-26-10 07:18 AM
    I rebooted the phone and all the shortcuts are removed but in the app world history they still appear as uninstalled apps and the memory bar doesn't go up.

I have not run into this issue myself; however, I know the media card stores application data. If you connect your device to a computer (or use the Files app) and delete the application folders (For my Tour, they're located in "Media Card > app_world > downloads > *PIN*"), the apps should go away. Otherwise, the RST solution above would be your best bet.

I'm still a newbie. Would be nice if someone more experienced could verify that this would not do anything harmful to the system.
    03-26-10 07:34 AM
    The Alt + RST function does exactly as noted above, it resets what is shown in My World. It will clear those apps that were deleted but still showing.
    03-26-10 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD