How do I change the currency unit on app world. Its set om euros for whatever reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 11:27 PM
    try the new version from RIM, otherwise just login to your PayPal account and it will automatically change to dollars.
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download
    10-04-09 01:10 AM
    I'm having the same issue, but it always seems app world thinks I am not in the U.S. because when I search for slacker, it states it is not available outside of the U.S.

Help ....
    10-04-09 02:39 AM
    Never ceases to amaze me how many people still use AppWorld with all its imperfections, bugs, and issues. My advice ditch AppWorld and if you must have an on device AppStore use CB or MobiHand.

You can download slacker directly by going to slacker.com on your device browser.
    10-04-09 03:34 AM
    Hey chief, app world is something you should be encouraging. Not everybody has time for CrackBerry or MobiHand.

Kinda pisses me off that you say you can't believe people still use it. It has hardly been out that long anyway.

ease up uber advanced power storm elite user

10-04-09 08:07 AM
    I'm having the same issue, but it always seems app world thinks I am not in the U.S. because when I search for slacker, it states it is not available outside of the U.S.

Help ....
    Same issue for me. I was able to change the currency to dollars but it keeps thinking I am in europe so I can't download u.s. only apps!
    Last edited by smeltron; 10-04-09 at 03:57 PM.
    10-04-09 10:05 AM
    Logged into paypal however it still shows euros.

10-04-09 11:22 AM
    You have to log in and then try to buy something. Then a window will pop up saying it switched to dollars. Then just cancel the transaction before confirming the purchase.
    Still can't figure out how to switch it back to u.s. apps though
    10-04-09 11:59 AM
    Hey chief, app world is something you should be encouraging. Not everybody has time for CrackBerry or MobiHand.

Kinda pisses me off that you say you can't believe people still use it. It has hardly been out that long anyway.

ease up uber advanced power storm elite user

LOL! Why should I be encouraging AppWorld? It was designed to compete with Apples iTunes app store, and so far has failed. Apps are priced more on AppWorld (RIMS $2.99 min) than anywhere else, lots of bugs/issues, etc., memory hog, etc....
    Why would I want to support that?

Like I said if people want/need to have an "On Device" mobile app store client i would recommend going with the CB App Store.

"ease up uber advanced power storm elite user" - Really?
    10-04-09 01:07 PM
    Same issue for me. I was able to change the currency to dollars but it keeps thinking I am in europe so I can't download u.s. only apps!
    I removed the SIM card and it seemed to have fixed the problem.
    Last edited by smeltron; 10-04-09 at 04:36 PM.
    10-04-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD