So I downloaded ubertwitter today then deleted it in favor of twitterberry but after I downloaded UT, blackberry app world was on my Curve. Now, the app world is my home page on my browser and the "Go To" link on the browser menu is missing. I've tried to delete App World but it does not show up on my application list. I've also tried a battery pull and nothing has changed. I can't change my home page back to ESPN and I don't know what to do.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-10-09 10:14 PM
    Appworld is pushed to our BBs like Facebook now, so even if you delete it, it will come back the next time service books are sent to your BB.

Like Facebook, the best you can do is hide the icon.

As for the browser problems you are experiencing, try a battery pull (power on, pull battery, wait 30 secs, reinstall battery).
    05-10-09 10:39 PM
    Ok But unlike Facebook which showes up in the applications Blackberry app world Does not! so there has to be some way to get it off your phone. I randomly showed up on my phone yesterday. If any one has any info please let me know how to remove it
    thanks
    I have the bb curve 8330
    05-14-09 11:07 AM
    Ok But unlike Facebook which showes up in the applications Blackberry app world Does not! so there has to be some way to get it off your phone. I randomly showed up on my phone yesterday. If any one has any info please let me know how to remove it
    thanks
    I have the bb curve 8330
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Your home screen displays installed applications, like FaceBook, and service book which are provided by your carrier.

If launch the icon, does it prompt you to install App World?

The service book icon can not be deleted, but you can set the attributes to Hide or move it into a folder for carrier junk.
    05-14-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD