I am getting bad dns address randomly. Tried btty pull. No joy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 03:32 PM
    M.blackbery.com is down for me also.

07-31-09 03:43 PM
    I have a 8330 (VzW) and I too had a hard time connecting to App World. After a clean install, I still got the connect error. I tried a few more times and it finally connected and I'm in. However, I can not view Categories and every app I can see so far gives me this message and NO Download option: "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier." I get that error on EVERY app I browse to - even ones that are in My World that are already installed and working!

Suddenly, I miss the old App World!!
    07-31-09 03:43 PM
    I have downloaded new version. Now it says cannot connect to server. Anyone know what's going on?
    07-31-09 03:46 PM
    Somehow after selecting English I ended up with the Spanish version. It took me 5 tries to get the TOS to scroll without freezing. After getting it to allow me to scroll, I gave up after a solid 3.5 minutes of scrolling down through the Spanish TOS when I have up. Got to #12 or something of the sort. Spanish TOS is LONG...

Okay... Re-downloaded it, OTA on my 8130 and it turns out its in French, not Spanish... Of course there's no easier way to scroll to the bottom of this TOS. Looks like I'll see if I can scroll down, get to the bottom and see if there's a way to change the language...

JOY, after sore thumbs and getting to the "Accept" button (Which is in English), I too cannot connect to app world. Nice release.
    Last edited by carbine; 07-31-09 at 04:00 PM.
    07-31-09 03:48 PM
    I also am unable to connect. Same message, after several battery pulls.
    07-31-09 04:03 PM
    One battery pull is all this thing is getting from me. Otterbox FTL.
    07-31-09 04:06 PM
    I can't upgrade my app world. I have digicel as my carrier. when I try too it says it doesn't meet system requirements. anybody else want to share their opinion on this.

07-31-09 04:34 PM
    Wow this is a pretty big improvement id say.. a lot smoother scrolling between apps, pictures load a lot quicker and even if they dont scrolling through them is a breeze

One step closer to being descent...
    07-31-09 04:39 PM
    Do I delete it and re-download or do I just download again and it will take care of itself? thanks in advance...
    07-31-09 05:01 PM
    definitely an improvement over all. Pages and pics load much quicker. Scrolling of pages are very smooth and quick. Also I always notice after being on app world before it ate up alot of memory. Didnt lower at all with this version.
    07-31-09 05:03 PM
    They should definitely make it so you can run apps off of the device memory though....
    07-31-09 05:30 PM
    Same issue here, works fine on my Storm but my Curve will not connect. On a positive note, the app is definitely faster than the previous version and it doesn't eat up all my memory.
    07-31-09 05:31 PM
    Does anybody have this working on a Curve yet?
    07-31-09 06:11 PM
    I have an 8330 curve with US Cellular and it seems to be working fine. I'm also running 4.5.0.160 OS

Quack
    07-31-09 06:35 PM
    no love for 5.0
    07-31-09 06:42 PM
    lol Ive got the icon telling me i have an update. Just doesnt say what needs to be updated! And in My world, it only shows two apps, both uptodate! So how the heck do you figure out what needs updating?
    07-31-09 06:49 PM
    no love for 5.0

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...95#post2253195

DOWNLOAD ZIP FILE ATTACHED, INSTALL USING DM
    07-31-09 06:52 PM
    Truth.

Did anyone else download the english version and get the eula in spanish?
    yeah, i got that and then now I am getting the whole

""AppWorld could not connect to server. Please verify your connection settings.""

WTF?
    07-31-09 06:55 PM
    how can I archive "facebook"? It doesnt give me an option. Can someone help me out. thanks
    07-31-09 06:55 PM
    lol Ive got the icon telling me i have an update. Just doesnt say what needs to be updated! And in My world, it only shows two apps, both uptodate! So how the heck do you figure out what needs updating?
    I had the same issue.

Go into messages (yeah messages?)

For some reason it was listed in there, and I just cleared it in there and it went away
    Last edited by rip14; 07-31-09 at 07:06 PM.
    07-31-09 07:03 PM
    I have an app I rarely use.
    I archive it to free up mem.
    I now have an icon with a green arrow on my home screen.
    I want to use my app again.
    I click the icon with the arrow.
    It asks me if I want to reinstall the app, so I do.

OK so far so good......but then
    I want to re-archive my app.
    I go to appworld.
    It says my app is still archived? There is no archive option.
    So I have to reinstall again.
    Its says this app is already installed.
    So I do it anyway then I can re-archive.

Why is this so complicated? Why can't I reinstall and re-archive without going into appworld? Why give me the option to reinstall without going to appworld if appworld can't tell its been reinstalled?
    07-31-09 07:23 PM
    I had the same issue.

Go into messages (yeah messages?)

For some reason it was listed in there, and I just cleared it in there and it went away

Thank you!!!!
    07-31-09 07:23 PM
    After I download the app I reboot it and and open it up and it looks like it going to work. I click on catagories and its empty, then I click on Top Free and its empty. And if I try to download one of the featured apps there isn't any where to click on it to download. I've tried to redownload it 4 times.
    07-31-09 07:26 PM
    Same here can not connect to server.....
    Yeah I also got the same and have reinstalled 3 times I wonder if its a 8330 thing?
    07-31-09 07:35 PM
242 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD