08-11-09 11:10 PM
242 ... 8910
tools
    So I had to re install my OS on my 9500 Storm today and after ive restored everything it looks like my IM+ is completly screwed thanks to this new App Store version!
    It keeps getting stuck in the "Allow this application to blah blah blah" screen where you set all the permisions... just keeps saving, then popping up...then saving...
    Does anybody know where I can get the older version from??

I know its this app as I cant get rid of the Archived version of IM+ from the device memory...
    Last edited by saxochazz; 08-03-09 at 11:30 AM.
    08-03-09 11:26 AM
    Ok so I guess this isn't really clear to me...
    I downloaded a app, and then chose to archive it to my SC card.
    It doesn't seem to reside on my device memory, for that matter it also doesn't reside as a app on my card either.
    Is this like downloading the app as a zip file then when I choose it installs to the device?
    If that is how this works does it go back to the card once I close the app?
    if not then whats the sense?

I think there was a app called: Aerize Card Loader 2008 - SD card install utility, isn't it?

Thanks
    No answers???
    Thanks
    08-03-09 11:43 AM
    Got the same message running on 9000 5.0.0.100 and 8900 running 5.0.0.130. I spent about 5 minutes trying a couple things, then gave up, I dont care too much for app world.
    Same ThemeManager error on the 8900 with 5.0.0.130
    08-03-09 11:55 AM
    No answers???
    Thanks
    Archiving it to the card is basically compressing it and storing it to the memory card for later installation.

If you download it and it installs, archiving it uninstalls it from your device and then compresses it on the card, this is useful for when you are running low on memory.

however, it's not an end all solution for allowing the app to install to the card and run from the card, it will not do this. It basically compresses it and stores it on the card.
    08-03-09 01:03 PM
    App world is working fine for me 8320 t-mobile!..just hope I didn't jinx myself!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 02:33 PM
    VZW 8330. Well just got an icon in the upper frame for App World update. So I guess the connection issue has been resolved.

Man it took forever to download and install. But it seems to be working now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 07:56 PM
    Do you know how to save apps to the memory card or was that just a rumor?
    I managed this "archive" thing, but I am not sure if that's it. It took a LONG time for just one app!
    08-04-09 08:44 AM
    I managed this "archive" thing, but I am not sure if that's it. It took a LONG time for just one app!

Looks like you can only archive them to device memory and not the media card. If there is a way to change that please let me know.
    08-04-09 11:56 AM
    What is really annoying is if you delete an app as one normally would (advanced settings->applications->app->delete), it is auto-archived. This only happens to apps you downloaded through App World...the archive can then be deleted afterward. There should be a prompt or option for this "feature," as it is annoying...
    08-04-09 12:38 PM
    this happened to me and may serve as warning to other users... i had purchased the BeBuzz app ver 1... the new ver was showing as upgrade on the new version of the app world ...but since iw anted to try it first i download trial.... upgrade was offered at 2.99.... after i did the download for trial the upgrade option vanished and now its asking for full price 5.99 ( not a lot but im making a point here) so now for the record I keep showing I own a license key number but it wont work on ver 2 and i cant "upgrade" only buy full version. so next time if you get an upgrade offer dont try the item or it will probably kill your upgrade option and make you go full price on your item.I sent an email to tech support and wait for my reply now.
    Last edited by DemonKnight; 08-04-09 at 12:55 PM.
    08-04-09 12:52 PM
    I can't get this stupid app world app update notification off of my screen. It says that I have 2 upgrades for apps that I have when I go into app world. I do see the 2 updates however one of them is for Pandora which I already have the most current version installed on my phone and when I click on Pandora in app world it just shows a "Run" not upgrade like the other app said. I upgraded the other app and it still shows that I have 2 apps that need to be upgraded. After I upgraded my other app the only one I see in app world is Pandora but I can't get this indicator to go away. I have done multiple battery pulls I uninstalled both apps that needed to be upgraded and re installed but the indicator is steady chillin their. Any Suggestions??
    08-10-09 08:07 PM
    I can't get this stupid app world app update notification off of my screen. It says that I have 2 upgrades for apps that I have when I go into app world. I do see the 2 updates however one of them is for Pandora which I already have the most current version installed on my phone and when I click on Pandora in app world it just shows a "Run" not upgrade like the other app said. I upgraded the other app and it still shows that I have 2 apps that need to be upgraded. After I upgraded my other app the only one I see in app world is Pandora but I can't get this indicator to go away. I have done multiple battery pulls I uninstalled both apps that needed to be upgraded and re installed but the indicator is steady chillin their. Any Suggestions??

You have to erase the notifications from your messages inbox to erase the icon from your home screen.
    08-10-09 09:51 PM
    Installed the newest version of app world last night. My phone then went haywire. Froze, stalled, rebooted and froze again. Did a quickpull reboot and then something weird happened. Went in to check my app memory and had 36MB after a reset which never happened since I purchased my handheld last Nov. Then I realized I am not losing that much memory as the day goes on! Very weird. IS this supposed to happen with this version update or I am a weird instance. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining at all. Just amazed I guess.
    08-10-09 09:56 PM
    how do i unarchive an app? i don't want it to be installed on my phone and i don't want it archived.
    Last edited by jeffmoon529; 08-11-09 at 11:35 AM.
    08-11-09 08:52 AM
    Too scary to DL...haha.
    08-11-09 01:48 PM
    how do i unarchive an app? i don't want it to be installed on my phone and i don't want it archived.
    If you want to uninstall an app(delete it) you must go to the "my world" section of app world and delete it from there. Any app you DL from app world can only be deleted through through and not the traditional way we are used to.
    08-11-09 05:43 PM
    how do i "reset" appworld so there are no archived apps? when i try to restore an archived app it said it's not available and that i'd have to d/l it again, but when i try to delete it off of "my world", i hit delete and nothing happens.
    08-11-09 11:10 PM
242 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD