LAME RIM! Give us more app memory, not restrict us to what an app developer did 2+ years ago.
    Do you know how to save apps to the memory card or was that just a rumor?
    08-02-09 06:27 AM
    i don't have a pay pal account and i have app world and i download the free apps no problem
    08-02-09 07:46 AM
    Using the Disktop install that bassichonda96 provided I finally got v1.1 to install on my Bold running V5.0.0.130 and now I get the attached error when I try and execute.

Any suggestions?
    I'm having the same problem as ChadH42. Does anyone have a solution? I've scoured the forums, but I can't find an answer.

Crucial_Xtreme...Can you help with this?
    08-02-09 07:57 AM
    Check your inbox. that's where they are.
    08-02-09 08:19 AM
    Just starting running fine on my Sprint 8330, wouldn't work yesterday, did a battery pull and reset connections, still didn't work. Woke up this morning, everything is fine and dandy.
    08-02-09 08:34 AM
    Same here, had trouble with app world yesterday on my Bell 8330, this morning its working like a charm!
    08-02-09 08:46 AM
    ha. same here. working great today on sprint 8330
    08-02-09 08:52 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...95#post2253195

DOWNLOAD ZIP FILE ATTACHED, INSTALL USING DM
    doesnt work
    08-02-09 09:09 AM
    I have a curve 8330 and I'm running into the issue where every application (including facebook, which I have) is saying that it's not compatible with my device/carrier and will not allow me to download.

I am also running into an issue where my categories won't load (and I have a good connection). Anybody else having these issues?
    08-02-09 09:10 AM
    Verizon Curve 8330 here and it just started working right this morning. Much better than the previous version. Glad to see it start working on my 8330. Didn't do anything new. It wasn't working yesterday, but it is humming along just fine this morning.
    08-02-09 11:22 AM
    App World finally connected this morning. Categories didn't work. Battery pull and now its running smooth. So much better than the previous version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:08 PM
    I have the same problem only mine says 6... any suggestions on how to make this go away?

go into your messages inbox and delete the upgrade message that was sent to you. That will take care of the icon on your home screen
    08-02-09 01:08 PM
    BB App World is working for me this afternoon also-right language and connecting! It is much nicer and faster than the previous version.
    08-02-09 03:43 PM
    worked from the first try... it seems faster. The whole SD card thing is over rated. I'm still waiting to see improvements in memory handling.
    08-02-09 04:08 PM
    I guess since I bitched about it, I owe RIM the courtesy of posting a message when it works. I deleted, re-installed this afternoon, and everything is working fine. Still not sure why we went through the Spanish EULA, no connection, etc.
    08-02-09 04:52 PM
    I have a curve 8330 and I'm running into the issue where every application (including facebook, which I have) is saying that it's not compatible with my device/carrier and will not allow me to download.

I am also running into an issue where my categories won't load (and I have a good connection). Anybody else having these issues?
    I am also having this problem. It does not tell me that there is a problem connecting, as it appears that most people are having problems with. It connects fine, I just can't download any apps when I attempt to I get the message that the app is "not compatible with my device/carrier..."

Frustrating...any ideas/help??
    08-02-09 04:53 PM
    I am also having this problem. It does not tell me that there is a problem connecting, as it appears that most people are having problems with. It connects fine, I just can't download any apps when I attempt to I get the message that the app is "not compatible with my device/carrier..."

Frustrating...any ideas/help??

Could it be possible that there are some apps in app world that are not compatible with certain devices running certain OS's?
    08-02-09 05:12 PM
    It doesn't do much for memory... The only "benefit" I see is that you can store larger or less frequently used apps on device memory so that your RAM memory frees up...

Like I usually have around 38-42 mb app memory left on the Bold with like 8-10 apps I have. And it goes down pretty fast.

Now that I have stored most of them on device memory which is nearly 1 gb, my app memory is now freed upto around 52 mb.

Keep in mind as soon asI run the app it has to reinstall to the ram, but at least this way, the apps I don't really use daily won't hog my internal app memory.

But the hassle of resetting everytime I archive and the process of reinstalling is a pain.

Here's hoping RIM gets rid of this limitation because it MAY have been about security but now it's only hampering development.

And please don't say it's because the iphone is less secure. The iphone security is only weak on sms and email. It's apps however are amazing and really take a dump on the Bold's due to the fact that since Apple doesn't limit apps and so you can store them on the 16 gb or 32 gb hdd.

For instance, because RIM devices have such little memory, most apps are 400 kb to 1.2 mb in size while some iphone apps now go upto 100 mb in size.

I mean I can afford to move up in memory because I have barely 30 mb free in RAM, but nearly 1 gb onboard, and a 16gb sd card.

This limitation is only due to the early days when RIM was doing canadian military testing and found that if apps/info. are stored on the internal RAM, if the phone is stolen/lost as soon as the phone was turned on or connected, it could be remotely deleted.

But Blackberrys are now mass-market and so many of us could care less that a thief will see we have apps like ScoreMobile or Shazam stored on our phones.
    08-02-09 05:49 PM
    Working great in tmobile 8900!
    08-02-09 05:57 PM
    8330 on VzW running 4.5.0.160. No Categories and Download option shows in only a few apps. Most apps say I have an incompatible device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 06:54 PM
    Could it be possible that there are some apps in app world that are not compatible with certain devices running certain OS's?
    I do not believe that is the issue. I was able to download many apps, that are currently running on my BB, from the old App World. When I now look at those same apps on the new App World, I am getting the message...
    08-02-09 07:35 PM
    is there any way to buy apps without using App world?
    Through crackberry. That is how I get my paid apps.
    08-02-09 09:05 PM
    go into your messages inbox and delete the upgrade message that was sent to you. That will take care of the icon on your home screen
    WOW... I cant believe that was the only thing I had to do... Thanks
    08-03-09 02:55 AM
    I dl the updated app world and attempt to start it and my 8820 completely freezes. I re-installed 3 times, so angry. What a waste of time. Bye-Bye BB AppWorld!
    08-03-09 07:38 AM
    Worked for a few hours yesterday, down again.

'Error starting net_rim.device.apps.api.framework.model.MessageDat aProvider' not found.
    08-03-09 07:56 AM
242 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD