if I download it and get free apps will i be charged anything if I dont have a data plan
    08-01-09 06:26 PM
    you can't download it unless you have a data plan...not to mention not having a data plan defeats the purpose of having a blackberry, but thats just my opinion
    08-01-09 06:55 PM
    anyone get it working on os 5.0?
    Can't get it working over here....I've tried numerous time...can't even get the desktop files from the old version....
    If someone posts the Page address from the download screen before they download, maybe the people on 5.0 may be able to download this way.

When you get to the download screen where it lists out the info about how big files size is and such hit the menu key and go to page address and copy.
    Once copied save to your memopad or something, and paste it in this topic.

The link should end with .jad

Any takers?
    Last edited by SimeonAS89; 08-01-09 at 07:10 PM.
    08-01-09 07:08 PM
    Can't get it working over here....I've tried numerous time...can't even get the desktop files from the old version....
    If someone posts the Page address from the download screen before they download, maybe the people on 5.0 may be able to download this way.

When you get to the download screen where it lists out the info about how big files size is and such hit the menu key and go to page address and copy.
    Once copied save to your memopad or something, and paste it in this topic.

The link should end with .jad

Any takers?
    I've already tried this, it is not a direct link. It says http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ownloadServlet

This will not work if you just type it in. The site stores a cookie on your phone based on the phone you have before you would get to the download page normally. I've provided the ZIP with the files for you to use on DM. People have tried it and it does not work.
    08-01-09 07:58 PM
    My Curve on MTS Allstream network, is giving me the network error, wiped the handheld same error. Issues most likely reside on RIM servers.
    08-01-09 08:05 PM
    Ok so I guess this isn't really clear to me...
    I downloaded a app, and then chose to archive it to my SC card.
    It doesn't seem to reside on my device memory, for that matter it also doesn't reside as a app on my card either.
    Is this like downloading the app as a zip file then when I choose it installs to the device?
    If that is how this works does it go back to the card once I close the app?
    if not then whats the sense?

I think there was a app called: Aerize Card Loader 2008 - SD card install utility, isn't it?

Thanks
    08-01-09 08:08 PM
    Getting it on os 5.0 isnt the issue... getting it to run is the issue...
    08-01-09 09:22 PM
    hey quick question,

does App World only accept paypal? cant the app price be added to my bill or i can just punch in my credit card # at purchase?
    08-01-09 09:51 PM
    I downloaded new version on BlackBerry World Apps and all i get is " having trouble connecting to BlackBerry App World server. Verify network connections and try again.

Pearl flip 8230 on Alltel ...-
    Ditto for me on a Pearl on Verizon...anybody figure out how to fix this?
    08-01-09 10:10 PM
    hey quick question,

does App World only accept paypal? cant the app price be added to my bill or i can just punch in my credit card # at purchase?

Nope. Unfortunately only paypal to purchase apps which to me personally is a nuisance seeing I would prefer paying with my credit card directly. Oh well. Maybe next time around RIM will give us that option.
    08-01-09 10:19 PM
    aww crap. guess i have to make an account
    is it at least free to make a paypal account?
    08-01-09 10:25 PM
    I am sorry if this was answered but has anyone figured out why only some apps that were downloaded through app world show up in the my world section when you upgrade?
    08-01-09 10:31 PM

Sorry no clue. I refuse to set up an account. I am very skeptical about having a third party store my credit card info to use it through their service.
    08-01-09 10:34 PM
    I like this... Damn I really like this. This app is no longer a memory hog and is super responsive on my Storm. Pictures load up soo fast and scrolling is no longer a chore. More catagories, top paid, top free and no more eating memory. Good job RIM!

Now just let us browse the store on a pc...

Plus I am digging the upgrade notification when a newer version of an app I have comes out.
    08-01-09 10:37 PM
    It's not what you think. You can't run them from the memory card. You can download a bazzillion apps and "archive" them to the memory card, but when it comes time for you to want to run them, you'll need to install them to the main app memory to run them.

So yeah, lame... Areise(sp) Memory Manager or whatever it was called did this like 2 years ago. RIM can't even be original with this. Heck, they can't even be CLEAR about what that capability is, since it confused a lot of people based on the cryptic text you quoted.
    Yes, I thought it was something other than the archiving. I knew the archived app's couldn't be accessed, but for some reason I thought it created more accessible memory from the device memory. disappointing, but atleast a step in the right direction.
    08-01-09 10:40 PM
    Sorry no clue. I refuse to set up an account. I am very skeptical about having a third party store my credit card info to use it through their service.
    is there any way to buy apps without using App world?
    08-01-09 10:52 PM
    Yes, I thought it was something other than the archiving. I knew the archived app's couldn't be accessed, but for some reason I thought it created more accessible memory from the device memory. disappointing, but atleast a step in the right direction.
    Well, while the programs are archived, it does create more accessible device memory, as the programs are on the SD Card.
    BB App World seems to be working fine on my Storm (OS .151). Faster than the old version, and a better all around features. The archiving is in theory and in practice (re-boots), annoying.
    08-01-09 11:02 PM
    Sounds like the problem is with Rev. 0 devices.
    08-01-09 11:19 PM
    Update- I was one of the ones who had the English version selected but received the Spanish version instead, with each new download. After my last attempt to download the English version, I just left it alone until BB came out with a new link to download it or instructions on how to change it. Tonight, I clicked the icon and it was the English version, it was changed without any help from me. One problem solved but now I'm with many others, it won't connect.
    08-01-09 11:26 PM
    For some reason on my Bold it's saying I have 4 updates even after I've ran all the updates... really annoying.
    08-01-09 11:30 PM
    Yes, its free!
    08-01-09 11:54 PM
    I just deleted App World for the third time. This time I am going to wait until next week to reinstall. It definitely looks like there is a problem with the CDMA Curves and Pearls.
    08-02-09 01:06 AM
    For some reason on my Bold it's saying I have 4 updates even after I've ran all the updates... really annoying.
    I have the same problem only mine says 6... any suggestions on how to make this go away?
    08-02-09 01:31 AM
    I was over in the curve forum and found a fix posted by irdawg. This fixes the cannot connect to the server problem.

Go to Manage Connections > Turn All Connections Off> wait a few seconds then> Restore Connections. Turn off the Blackberry, then back on. It worked for me.
    08-02-09 01:34 AM
    So after waiting and waiting for app world to work (network connection problem) it finally started... But the only thing that loads is the featured apps... Categories... Free ... Top paid... Don't load still... I assume its something all of us that have had problems will just have to wait a day or two for again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 05:50 AM
242 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD