I like this... Damn I really like this. This app is no longer a memory hog and is super responsive on my Storm. Pictures load up soo fast and scrolling is no longer a chore. More catagories, top paid, top free and no more eating memory. Good job RIM!

Now just let us browse the store on a pc...
    Actually man, as soon as you run the app again it reinstalls onto the device memory and hogs it again. Not to mention you have to go through all the hassles or re-archiving and resetting each time you do it.

The only benefit you get from this is, if you have some really memory heavy apps that you don't need to run everyday, you can store them on the SD for the time being to free up memory.

RIM would be the ultimate company if they removed their archaic limitations and allowed for apps to be downloaded AND run from device memory.

Seriously. I got 1 gig device memory and a 16 gig card just waiting to be used while I am doing battery pulls just to maintain 40 mb app memory for the Bold to function.
    08-01-09 02:02 AM
    i assume there is no chance that this version works with wifi only(no data)?
    08-01-09 02:19 AM
    This seems to be totally random.

Some Sprint 8330 users like myself can't get it to work.
    Some Verizon 8330 users are able to get it to work.

Out of the people that can get it to work some show the app store being empty?

Hopefully it is just a network thing where too many people are trying to use it and it will be resolved soon.
    08-01-09 02:26 AM
    Just chiming in - I'm a Verizon 8330 user. Had the (very long) Spanish EULA and the app gives me a connection error

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:01 AM
    This seems to be totally random.

Some Sprint 8330 users like myself can't get it to work.
    Some Verizon 8330 users are able to get it to work.

Out of the people that can get it to work some show the app store being empty?

Hopefully it is just a network thing where too many people are trying to use it and it will be resolved soon.
    Possibly that could be the case... I'd say wait a bit because most likely they are having tons of users downloading it at the same time. It was just released today and so maybe they had some difficulty adjusting it for older models.
    08-01-09 04:22 AM
    Does anybody have this working on a Curve yet?
    my 8320 is moving faster with this version. I'm on t-mobile
    08-01-09 06:01 AM
    I archived 6 apps to try this out. Then trying to restore them from menu I got 3 back ok, but 3 will not reinstall. I tried battery pull but still the reinstall does not work. Going back into app world looks even more wierd. The apps I installed back are showing as ready to install, I have 1 app which has installed showing as installing. The 3 I want back just do nothing. I have bold on 4.6 no previous issues, this looks a mess to me, if I get my apps back I intend to bin appworld!!!!

08-01-09 06:21 AM
    I have the Bold (v4.6.0.282) on AT&T with IM+ (v8.1.0). I installed the new BB App World and it works fine, however my IM+ messenger program will not. I get an error saying that IM+ need to modify permissions. When I click through that and restart IM+, I get the same error. It will not start. When I uninstall the new App World, IM+ works again. Is anyone else having this issue. Is there a fix. I'll be putting the old App World back on.
    Thanks for any help.
    08-01-09 07:45 AM
    mine keeps telling me that it can not connect to the server.
    08-01-09 07:49 AM
    Same unable to connect to the world sever crap! Running 4.5.131 on VZW 8330

08-01-09 08:13 AM
    Ok so - so when you archive an app it removes this from your bb for some reason. This takes only a few seconds for each app. When you reboot bb the removed apps show with green arrow. If you request to reinstall and the prompt shows your act code, the app will be restored. This works ok, BUT something needs to happen on appworld server presumably registering that you now have it installed again. This has been taking for me 20mins + for each app, which prevents you from installing the next app. So archiving and restoring 6 apps took me 3 hours. Probably server pressure, but I will not be experimenting with this again in the near future !!!!

08-01-09 08:27 AM
    Just reading this debockel is fun, hopefully all of you are just pulling RIMYs leg, i hope. My little TOUR is running perfect, the hardware is perfect, my software is running perfect, no flaws. Im afraid to put this beast on my machine, it reminds me of trying to upgrade to service pack 1 on xp to service pack 2 on xp. At the very end of the install, it comes up to say sorry no dice baby, reload your service pack 1 backup and everything is f_cked from there with no support. Or you could reinstall from day 1 and about a week later, your tearing your hair out to try to get back to prior to the update. After reading BBM 5.0 installs, i cant wait for OS 5.0 to come out!
    08-01-09 09:12 AM
    i can't get the new app to work on my us cellular 8330 but the old one worked fine i hope they fix it soon. i have the lastest uscc software on my phone.
    08-01-09 09:54 AM
    Both my 8830 and my wife's Curve are STILL getting the connection error on US Cellular.
    08-01-09 11:26 AM
    Using the Disktop install that bassichonda96 provided I finally got v1.1 to install on my Bold running V5.0.0.130 and now I get the attached error when I try and execute.

Any suggestions?
    08-01-09 01:10 PM
    Using the Disktop install that bassichonda96 provided I finally got v1.1 to install on my Bold running V5.0.0.130 and now I get the attached error when I try and execute.
    Got the same message running on 9000 5.0.0.100 and 8900 running 5.0.0.130. I spent about 5 minutes trying a couple things, then gave up, I dont care too much for app world.
    08-01-09 02:48 PM
    Same ThemeManager error on the Storm with 5.0.0.140.
    08-01-09 02:55 PM
    I downloaded new version on BlackBerry World Apps and all i get is " having trouble connecting to BlackBerry App World server. Verify network connections and try again.

Pearl flip 8230 on Alltel ...

At first it shut phone down & had to take battery out to get it to restart (twice). Finally got it on again & now that is what it displays when I try to go to world apps. Relatively new user & the network connection seems correct-
    08-01-09 03:09 PM

Any suggestions?

Eh, sorry to hear its not working for you. I thought it would. You would think they would be building this new app world around the 5.0 platform...

I wish everyone else would stop complaining about the issues with the "new" app world. It's the second release version. There are bound to be issues with it. They need people to use it and test it out to correct any issues we encounter. I guess I've been fortunate. I installed it and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. I will agree, I do not really see much of a point to "archiving" applications. The 8330, 8900, etc all have plenty of onboard memory to hold a ton of applications. I've never dipped below 100MB of free space and I've had a ton of apps on my phone at once. As for the 8320, being able to run the apps from the memory card would be great, but for security reasons, I just don't see it happening.
    08-01-09 03:43 PM
    Eh, sorry to hear its not working for you. I thought it would. You would think they would be building this new app world around the 5.0 platform...

I wish everyone else would stop complaining about the issues with the "new" app world. It's the second release version. There are bound to be issues with it. They need people to use it and test it out to correct any issues we encounter. I guess I've been fortunate. I installed it and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. I will agree, I do not really see much of a point to "archiving" applications. The 8330, 8900, etc all have plenty of onboard memory to hold a ton of applications. I've never dipped below 100MB of free space and I've had a ton of apps on my phone at once. As for the 8320, being able to run the apps from the memory card would be great, but for security reasons, I just don't see it happening.

Stop complaining?!?!?!

Get real, the app doesn't work at all for most of us.

So some highly paid programmers with ample time to test everything can't make a simple app work? Maybe we can get them to design government health care too.

Stop complaining? I will, as soon as it works.
    08-01-09 04:41 PM
    still don't have it Can't install anything with my Mac wish September would hurry up and get here so us Maccies can download DM.
    08-01-09 05:13 PM
    So from what I can figure, the server error is occurring on CDMA phones running OS 4.5. Which includes RIM's bestselling phone on its largest carrier. I wish they hadn't released this on a Friday afternoon, when there wouldn't be anyone around to fix it.
    08-01-09 05:17 PM
    Ok this new upgrade totally is not impressive. I was under the assumption that it would be able to save my apps on my sd card and be able to run them at the same time, but I must still waste my internal memory for each app I use. I have the Tour and my free space is 120Mb out of 256 and I only have about 3 apps that I've downloaded. This is a huge dissapointment for me with Blackberries. STEP it UP RIM.
    08-01-09 05:40 PM
    well my 8330 has made it past the connection error....however in app world now, nothing displays under categories, and when i select top paid apps i get a message that says "paid apps not available in your country", i live in california lol....The only ones that open for me are Top Free Apps and My World, but they don't load completely
    08-01-09 05:53 PM
    anyone get it working on os 5.0?
    08-01-09 06:18 PM
242 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD